Days of Our Lives.....

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Tightwad 101


For some of you, this will be of no help. But for those of you out there who wish to add to this tightwad list....please feel free.
Here are a couple of things I do all the time to cut back.

1. I cut my dryer sheets into 4 strips. They work just fine and even leave your clothes smelling nice and fresh.

2. Make your milk from instant dry milk. I have been doing this and no one in my family knows about it but my husband. I cannot tell the difference and it is fat free. It is best if you let it sit in the fridge overnight. If you don't want the kids to know about it...I would suggest going into a room that you can make up the gallon of milk and no one can see you. Unfortunately, the only room in the house where I can get alone and have some privacy is my bathroom. Just be careful to make sure the coast is clear as you take the gallon of milk to the fridge. It looks really strange carrying a gallon of milk from out of the bedroom!!

3. Wash all ziplock baggies! I save any bread bag or ziplock baggy. I simply collect the dirty ones and throw them in the wash with a load of towels...they come really clean and then I hang them on the line in the basement!

4. Save all your plastic containers with lids! My husband tried to throw one away a while back and I caught myself digging it out of the trash can! Yes, I have turned into my mother!!! But I wash them out and keep them on a shelf in the basement. When I need one to take food to someone or if one of the kids needs to take a bowl of "whatever" somewhere...I don't worry about the bowl not coming back.

Now, I have so much more to share but I would love it if any of you know of a great recipe for a good meal using stuff around the house or any tightwad tips....please share!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey I like your blog

January 9, 2007 at 6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not think she would really put these pictuers on here.

Ryan Priborsky

January 9, 2007 at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home