Days of Our Lives.....

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What A Day!!

Before I do this post, I will put this verse in for the day:

A cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15 NRSV

I did my morning routine of my 3 mile walk...came inside and showered..then it was off to the Cancer Center for my monthly labs. The normal stick and the blood into the tubes....I waited and expected the doctor to come in and say "All your labs look great" but he didn't....instead, he came in and told me that my white count was down from 4.0 to 2.1 and platelets had come down 40,000...my neutraphils had come down half what they were from last month. He said he was going to do a smear and see if anything came back and told me not to get too concerned and see what this lab would tell us.

I drove home and all sorts of thoughts were going through my head because the doctor told me that he would send me straight to Duke University for a bone marrow transplant and he would get me in as fast as he could....now that tends to get you to be concerned and a little on the worried side. I called on my friends, Michael and Nicole and spoke with Nicole for quite a while and she prayed for me while we were on the phone. What a feeling of peace came over me....I felt so much lighter after we prayed together. I got off the phone with her and decided to take Jennifer and her friend Bree to the pool and have my cell phone with me until the doctor called with the results. I waited for what seemed like an eternity when the phone finally rang and I spoke with Dr. Thomas and he informed me that the smear didn't show anything alarming and that I would need to come back in 2 weeks from today for a bone marrow biopsy to rule out a relapse. If the smear didn't detect it, a bone marrow test would. I told Keith that he could just take me on the 20th in the morning and he could drive me home since I will be out of commission for the rest of the day.

I have to say I feel a little better that the smear didn't show anything but I will not totally be out of the woods until I get the results of the bone marrow test that will be done on August 20th at 9:15am. Please keep me in your prayers as I go through this test...not the most pleasant biopsy to go through but it has to be done to rule out a relapse of the Leukemia. I did get a B12 shot today since I told him I was having all the signs of needing one such as the tingling finger tips and lips...feeling just tired and blah! I thought that the tired feeling came from the need for a B12 shot and he said to call him if the feelings of being really tired got any worse and he would go ahead and do the bone marrow test before the 20th. I will keep you all in the loop and let you know what happens. Thank you all for your prayers. I have to keep in mind that God is on control and this just might be another bump in the road of our lives. God makes no mistakes! Thanks to Jane and her book....I can see that so much more now after reading her book! Jane, you may never know just how much you will touch some one's heart with that book but you sure have touched my heart.

On a happier note....I have been asked to sing a duet with a guy in the choir and the song is called Our Great God by Todd Agnew and Rebecca St James. The sound track hasn't come out yet but as soon as it does, we are going to learn it and sing it in church on a Sunday morning. I wouldn't mind doing that song that I did a couple of weeks ago "It Won't Rain Always".

Here is the video of the song Our Great God! I think it is a beautiful song! Enjoy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home