My counts are coming down...
I feel so tired and yucky right now...Dr. Thomas came in this morning and said he would start blood transfusions by the weekend. My white count ans plts are coming down pretty fast as they were already pretty low to begin with on September 27 and October 1 they came down even more. I did try and put some make-up on earlier and pick through my hair while I still can but that made me very tired and I think I will lay back down for a little nap.
The nurses and pca's are great here and my doctor has been great. I know who's hands I am in though. The Lord has total control in this situation and I am so blessed and grateful for that. Well, let's go take a nap and see how we feel later. Hugs and Kisses. Sharan
Oh ya, I wanted to share my favorite Bible verse or chapter with you all. This has been my favorite for many, many years. So go open your Bible and read this....Psalm 139. I have always found comfort in this scripture and it talks about how the Lord knew you even before you were conceived and new the number of hairs on your head....so I know He can bring me and my family through this. I don't know what the future holds but I sure know who holds the future!

8 Comments:
Not only does He hold the future and us in His hands, but has given us wonderful promises in His Word that we can claim. My favorite promise in times of storm is that no matter what we see as terrible and tragic, He has a purpose for that will be worked for good to His glory. I take comfort in knowing that when we are going through something that most would say is a tragedy, that we can happily proclaim that God is working something good through us. because we love Him and are called according to His purpose. Sharan, I know you are not enjoying this, but someday, I pray the Lord will show you just what "good" He has worked through your present storm. And what rejoicing you can take part in knowing that you were His instrument. Perhaps the salvation of a friend or loved one. What did Paul say? That if he could sacrafice his own salvation to save the world, he would gladly give it up. I don't think I can say I would give up my security in Christ, but if I could be an instrument for God to bring salvation to another, then I would gladly go through a storm, knowing God was at the helm. I love you and am praying that God not only will heal you completely, and keep you strong... but that He will be able to use you to bring salvation to others who are watching you. I love you sis!
David
I agree totally with what David has said. It is such a comfort to know that the Lord holds us in His hands and will take us through anything. It's easy to say that when things are going good - but what a comfort when storms hit!
We are there for you too - another comfort He gives us - family and friends,especially fellow believers who can hold us up to Him.
We love you so much
Mom and Dad
Sharan... oh my..how the Lord has been glorified already through your spirit of acceptance and honesty about how you are handling what He has allowed to filter into your life...! Thank you for sharing with us through your blog the daily experiences of dealing with this AML.... I was so excited to see that Psalm 139 was so special to you....it has been my life passage and has so often encouraged my heart too!!! I pray you will continue to see the Lord speaking to you daily through those taking care of you, those visiting you, those praying for and with you.... you are so loved precious Sharan... thinking of you today.... pamie
I am praying for you Sharan! I am a friend of Pam's. Thank you for blogging about this- it makes it more of a burden on our hearts to pray for you when we see your picture and know what is happening.
Hi Sharan!
I am a friend of Pam's. I am praying for you. God is good all the time and He will reward you for your faithful and contented attitude throughout this journey. My mom has leukemia and it has been a challenge for her, but the Lord has given her exactly what she needs to go on daily. He will do the same for you. Thanks for sharing your experience!
Dear Lord,
Please give Sharan exactly what she needs today. I know this is a difficult change for her and her family, but I pray that You will bless each of them and use them so others may see YOU in them. Give Sharan strength, good rest, and help her counts to get to where they need to be. Thank you for caring about Sharan and her family and for traveling through this journey with them! You are a good God and worthy to be praised!
In Jesus' name ~ Amen!
I am also "in His grip!" :)
Nicki
Sharan - I am a blogfriend of Pam's, and so honored that we will be able to pray specifically for you by reading your own blog comments. You mentioned Psalm 139 so with my trusty NIV here I've reread it several times, the one that gets me is verse4 - that He knows the words on my tongue before I speak them - always feel there should be an echoing response to much of the Psalms that says "He loves me anyway".
About the chemo - tired is good, means that the bad stuff is getting hit hard by the chemo stuff (unfortunately there is that collateral damage to good stuff that makes you worn out) BUT like everything in THIS life, it is just for a season, with so much support from a Godly family you can do anything for a season.(I wish I knew the exact hours of a season but that is another of those To Be Determined issues isn't it?)
Will add you to my prayer board - and honored to do so. Will email Pam with a silly suggestion and ask her to pass it along to you - Bless you sister in Christ!
Sharan,
I am a friend of Pam's and just stopped by to let you know that I have been praying for you since Pam first posted about your cancer.
Thank you for writing about what you are going through and being so open about it all.
I will continue to pray for you and your family.
Beth
Hi, Sharan. I too am a frequent visitor at Pam's blog, and I enjoyed reading your blog posts this evening. Please know that many are praying for you, and are trusting God to give you strength. We look forward to reading more updates.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home