Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, February 22, 2010

Monday....Rain....

Here we are again....beginning another week. Today was a good day for me. The food log is really working out good and doing my devotions on here is a really good thing!

Here is the devotion for Monday:

Proverbs 14: 8 (The Message)
8 The wisdom of the wise keeps life on track;
the foolishness of fools lands them in the ditch.

You are alone. You hear the ice cream, etc. calling you from the freezer. You want to drown your sorrows, loneliness, etc in that ice cream. Pray about it and say out loud “No, I don’t want to look like this the rest of my life. I will have ice cream, but only in the amount I should when I am really hungry.

I know that I have been there and have heard the ice cream calling or the chips calling. I know that the very reason for hearing that and allowing that calling to get my attention and of course, acting on that is because I was not in the right frame of mind! I know that if I would have just asked for a little help from God, I probably wouldn't have ate the whole 1/2 gallon of ice cream or the bag of chips. I think that there have been times that I even thought about praying before I went on an eating frenzy but pushed that thought aside just because I wanted to eat and I wanted it now. The bad part about that is once you cave in to the temptation, you then have that guilty feeling...so it is best to JUST SAY NO!!

I have to say that today was another good day! The girls I work with know that I am trying to be more aware of what I eat and am trying to make better choices so they don't try and tempt me too often..ha ha...

We can celebrate with each other as we overcome some of the temptations and bumps in the road that come our way. When we ask God for His help...He meets us right where we are no matter how hard and how far we fall. All we have to do is just reach out for Him!

I hope you have all had a great day and I encourage you to keep on keeping on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home