Days of Our Lives.....

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Storms and Sunshine

Can you tell that I got a very late start on this day?  I slept in....here we go:



Remember the sunshine when the storm seems unending.  Don't expect perfection in all that you do, but pray for wisdom not to repeat mistakes.

John 14:27 (The Message)


25-27"I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left—feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.

Isn't that something how the devotions hit the nail right on the head?  Sometimes we get our minds set on pushing ourselves too far and try to be perfect.  We all know that is not possible because if we were perfect we wouldn't be reading this or going to a support group for food addictions...quite funny, huh???!!  The only one who is perfect is God.  I think we should have a desire to be more like Him but we will not be perfect until we get to heaven...what a day that will be!!  The older I get the more I long for that day.

We need to pray for wisdom each day and seek Him as we eat our meals and we needs to be asking Him for our hearts and minds to be renewed.  If our hearts and minds are not where they need to be then we are missing the point.  I know for me that if I have a bad attitude or just don't care....the whole day is a total loss and nothing else seems to work out, leaving me feeling blah and not caring about much else.  I find that if I ask God to help me to have a better attitude and renew my heart (maybe clean it out really good) then my day sure does much better!  I will give you an example...having  2 teenage girls and one almost teenage girl who looks like she is much older can really stress me out bad.  They get attitudes and think they know it all and I tend to get a bad attitude myself and the first thing I think of doing is going into my hideout with my junk food!  If I give in to this mind set then the devil has me and I am going DOWN!  It happens so fast that I don't realize it until it is too late!  I really try to get a hold of myself and pray before any damage is done but I don't always do that and sometimes I fall off the wagon.  And if it is really a bad day, I feel that I have fallen off the wagon and the wagon is leaving my for dead!  Come back!  Come back!  This example goes along with the "being perfect" mindset....I tend to give myself a hard time if I do fall....when all I need to do is say "Oh well, I messed up...Lord, please help me up off the ground so I can do better next time".  It's okay if we mess up....don't beat yourself up about it just try better next time.  This can be a habit if we practice more and more.

I am going to get this day started now...it sure is late enough...oh well, It is Saturday and I love to sleep in if I can! 
I hope you all have a great day.  And if you are in the middle of a storm, I hope you have remember the sunshine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home