
Well, all the kids are back in school today. Last night, Keith and I went to rehearsal again to practice for the drama at church. It was a blast! I can't wait until the drama to be done though...I know it will go over well. I just have to find an outfit that will fit my character! I am sure I will come up with something.
Today, I am going to get all my baking stuff out and bake some cinnamon muffins for breakfast this week...yummy! I went through all my cabinets and pantry yesterday and got all organized. I also made a notebook that is really neat with all my baking tips, saving money tips and household things....also in there is a daily to do list to keep me up on everything that has to be done around the house. I need this because if my head was not attached to my neck...I WOULD forget it. I guess that is my ADD coming out. Poor Keith not only has to put up with an ADD wife but my son is ADD as well....so he gets a double whammy. He does pretty well with us though and helps to remind me to do things that I would definitely forget to do. Keeping up with 4 kids and all the stuff they are in to and doing is quite overwhelming as it is. We did get a bulletin board in the kitchen and we can put all our appointments and what- nots on there instead of the kitchen cabinets. You should have seen the front of our cabinets...they were covered in all sorts of things from grocery lists to basketball games and doctor appointments! Now they are all on the board....yipppeeeeee!
I am going to get to the kitchen now and get busy baking and I have to make some other things too like MILK!!! In closing, I have been thinking about all the cleaning and organizing I have been doing and wanted to share this devotion with you that I had this morning!
We take out the trash. We wash the dishes and clear off the kitchen counters. We even vacuum on occasion. We carefully attend to the condition of our homes in order to keep them off the "disaster are" list. But how much attention do we give to our hearts? When the Bible says that the heart is to be guarded because it is a wellspring of life, it means that it is from our hearts that the rest of our attitudes get their cue. Depressed? Check the contentment quotient of your heart. Feel like griping? Once again, review your heart and then you'll know why. Rather than cleaning up the outer edges of our lives, we're wiser to pay attention to the deeper parts of ourselves. Running the vacuum cleaner through a few ventricles, we may discover a layer of dissatisfaction, of envy, or even of anger that we've stuffed out of sight. There's no use trying to paste on a happy face or a good attitude to show in public if our hearts are cluttered with hidden issues. What's suffered down in our hearts will sooner or later spill over into our days with our spouse, our children, our neighbors, our co-workers, and God. Hey, your house looks great. But how's your heart? Proverbs 4:20-27, Ezekiel 36: 24-26 and Matthew 12: 33-35.
1 Comments:
I don't dare add a bulletin board to our home. Pam would then feel the need to fill it up with all kinds of things, from decorating it every month to "honey-do" lists, and everything else. No, I like having my fridge overwhelmed with lists and other things, it reminds me of the old days with mom. She used to keep about a million magnets on it and every time you'd close the door something would fall off it! That's how I like the fridge to look and I'm afraid a board would detract from that. ;-P
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home