Fell off the wagon and getting back on!!
Yes, you read that right!!! I have fallen and can't get up. I have been really eating bad since Friday evening! I told myself that I would get back to it after the holiday weekend. I was doing fine until last night when I went to the store to pick up a few items and as I was in the freezer section getting some frozen stuff.....I heard this little voice that said "Hey! Over here!" So I walked a little further down the isle and there it was.....a beautiful 1/2 gallon of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream. It wasn't just any old kind....it was Edes!! I stared it down for a while and walked back and forth as if I was scheming on how I could get it in my basket! I caved in and stuffed it in the basket. I kept telling myself that I would just eat this and after it was gone...then there would be no more. Oh well, I ate a rather large bowl of it last night as I watched Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. I don't know about you but when you are watching your favorite show, a big bowl of ice cream makes it seem even more intense! By the time the murder was solved, I finished up my ice cream and felt pretty guilty! I had to stop and not eat anymore! I told the kids to enjoy what was left and to make sure they stuck it in the back of the freezer so maybe I wouldn't eat it! (ya right)
This morning, I told myself that I must get back on the wagon and stick to it if I ever wanted to wear shorts again. The only thing I wear that looks remotely like shorts are capris. Those things are great because they cover up my ham hocks on the inside of my knees. Those of you who really know me have seen these things and it is not a pretty sight. Well, it is 8:20am and I am posting from work so I better get so I can open up the office and get to work. Everyone have a good one!

1 Comments:
3 new posts to read! Wow!
1. I agree that Ryan looks great with his hair cut.
2. You and Keith do make a great couple. I am glad you brought him (and his girls) into the family. Happy Anniversary!
3. Two things:
a. Mint chocolate chip is my favorite too! I don't have money for ice cream these days, though. I have made Hillbilly Housewife's Magic Milkshakes a couple times, and that is a pretty good ice cream fix.
b. Your legs are not as bad as you think they are. Really. Also, I meant it when I said you looked great on Monday.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home