Days of Our Lives.....

Saturday, October 27, 2007

3rd Bag of Chemo Down...

This morning I felt a little more like being up. I got to wash my hair in the sink and wash my face....felt good. Don't worry, I am washing other things too just didn't want to share all that with you...hee hee!

I rested better last night except getting up every hour to go to the restroom. All the fluids they are giving my goes right through me....that is getting old. I guess I can be glad that I am not dealing with a lot of nausea...there are certain smells that make me feel ill but so far I have felt ok, just very tired. The mornings seem to be the best time for me as I have been rested and as the dat goes on and I have lunch...it is time for a nap.

Now, I have to say that when I got on my blog this morning and read all those comments, I have an overwhelming sense of joy that just made me cry! Not sad tears but tears of joy and comfort in knowing that there are so many praying for this whole situation and all the words of encouragement from people I have not even met. My SIL Pam has a wonderful blog and has shared some of this with all her friends and fellow bloggers and they have come over to my blog and read up on this and have shared the most heartfelt comments. What a blessing it is to be going through this storm in my life and knowing Jesus as my Saviour and have the fellowship of other Christians who love me and pray for me and my family....words cannot express my gratitude.

Well, as I was typing this, the RN came in and is now telling me that it is time to get some blood. I have just about bottomed out with my counts. I had to sign a consent form for this...there are adverse reactions from this procedure but hopefully all will go smoothly. I have never had a problem with getting blood before so I will just go from experience. I am signing off for now....In His Grip, Sharan

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane: said...

Goodmorning Sharan, Hope you are getting those numbers up some. I know you must feel terrible. We are praying for you! Jane

October 27, 2007 at 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello there my "wonder woman"! Man, after our visit today that is what popped into my head (my tiny little brain)I thought--Sharon is a wonder woman. I did not know that you were getting chemo 24/7 and that info just blew me away. You are amazing girlfiend to be able to go through this and look so great! Jesus has given you His strength and it is shining through all those bags of chemo. Shew girl, by the end of these 4 weeks everyone on your hall will be wanting your autograph! Thank you for being such an inspiration to all of us potential cancer patients. You are the best!! I'll be talking to ya soon and I will also be bringing that Oreo shake too! Love ya! Leigh

October 27, 2007 at 8:18 PM  
Blogger LindaSue said...

Woo Hoo - bottomed out is a good place - no where to go but UP! Maybe getting all your chemo 24/7 in hospital lessens the nausea possibilities? At any rate - tomorrow is Sunday - a great day. Bless you Sharan, we pray for you and sent Pam some suggestions.

October 27, 2007 at 8:49 PM  
Blogger Pat Spach said...

Hey Sharan

I now have a google account and it should be easier to send comments to you. Dad and I love you very much and will call later.
Love - Mom

October 28, 2007 at 9:56 AM  
Blogger Debra said...

Hello Sharan, I am in your Mom & Dad's Sunday School Class. They are so sweet, I just think the world of them and your granny too! You have been in my daily prayers since your mom told of your told us of your ordeal. I enjoyed reading your blog. You are truely an inspiration. Keep your chin up, and know that God is there with you.

October 28, 2007 at 12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharan, hope you are having a good day. Mark and I have had you in our thoughts and prayers constantly, and on our prayer list at church. I've even put you on prayer lists at my co-workers church's. You can't have enough prayers! I am so truly inspired by your faith. God will carry you through this. He is always holding you in his hands. He has helped me through so many rough times and I know he will help you through this. One of my cancer patients at work shared a passage not long ago that just really meant alot to me and I'd like to share it with you. She was talking about how she had no fear and that she had a peace within her that surpassed all things she had no control over. The passage is Phillipians 4:7. "And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus." I'm glad you know that peace.
Have a good night. You are in out thoughts and prayers!
Love, Donna & Mark

October 28, 2007 at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home