Another Post From 9125
I know that I have posted quite a bit today but this day has been pretty interesting.
I got Red Lobster for dinner from this really sweet lady down the hall (her husband has Parkinsons) and when she brought dinner to me, she had her daughter with her that used to work with Keith when he worked for the City of Winston-Salem....small world!! I had popcorn shrimp, french fries and they brought in a bag of those cheese biscuits that are so good. Of course, Keith helped me eat this wonderful dinner and bread...there are quite a few left over and we wrapped them up and can heat them later. This lady is so sweet and going through so much as her husband is not doing well and they are just making sure he is comfortable!! And she thought enough about me to bring me dinner!!!
I am still not hooked up to the IV poll yet and it is going on 6pm. I will have to be hooked up when they give me the chemo here in a while but had the great news from the excellent nurse (Audrey) that I can be unhooked in between chemo treatments!! How great is that. I am sure this will all depend on how I do with this round...I am certainly trying to do good. I can't tell you how many times I have walked today.
Jennifer left a little while ago. I got to go down to the lobby on the first floor and walk her out....that was nice to not be hooked to the IV poll....I love to be able to walk around the room without pulling that thing around with me...
I will get off here for now....I am going to walk more before the chemo gets here. I think it will be around 7pm or so...yipppeeee.
The doctor comes in the morning to discuss a possible bone marrow transplant with my parents so they can know what is going on and what all the options are. I am not sure if my brother is coming or not. He probably doesn't need to right now. I think that if he gets tested it will probably be at Baptist Hospital since that is where I would have to have this procedure done. I don't see me doing this procedure any time soon as I feel this is good enough...who knows...but if David is a match for me now...he will be a match for me years down the road. Just pray that we can all have open minds and hear what Dr Thomas has to say about this transplant. Ok,,,I am done for now unless I get a burst of finger energy and decide to type more later.
I think this is all nervous energy. Whatever it is...I'll take it.
Sharan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home