Days of Our Lives.....

Friday, December 19, 2008

Turkey and Hams and Snacks...Oh My....

I am sitting here looking at my little "Snoopy Tree" that the girls picked out....it is crooked and there is a gaping hole on one side that looks like there were limbs but they either never grew or were wacked off....can't tell but it looks sad. We put lights on it and some decorations so that helped a little. I am just happy that we have a tree. It may not be the prettiest tree but it is a tree no less!

My mom called today wondering about what we are going to do Christmas Eve...who will bring what food or snack. I am thinking we are getting a honey baked ham from work so that would help a bunch as the main meat. I am sure we will figure it out. We always enjoy getting to spend time together with family. Last year at this time, I felt pretty bad and wasn't really sure I would be here now....but here I am!

I had an exciting moment earlier this evening.....while on the phone with mom, I had the snake (Ozzie) and he decided to go up my sleeve where he likes to hang out and keep warm...well, I got lost in conversation (imagine that) and when I got off the phone, I had no clue where he was. I had to get Jennifer to help me find him....he had gone around the back of my sweatshirt (hoodie) and slithered into the front pocket....how I missed that is a mystery but we got him and I put him back in his home. This coming Monday will be 4 weeks since he last ate. So tomorrow, after Jennifer's basketball game, I will take him to the pet and hobby store so the guy can look at him and see if he can get him to eat or show me some trick in getting him to eat. He just isn't the least bit interested....he just wants out of his aquarium and to be held.....strange but true!

Enough about snakes.....hmmmm...what else can I say...Christmas is coming and i am not even close to getting started. I have not baked the first thing an I love to bake! I have to get it together before "the big day"!!!

I better get for now...Jennifer has a friend spending the night and they are playing dress up...she brought all sort of fun clothes and shoes....too bad they are not my size or I might be joining them!

Over and out.....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To me a snake that has not eaten in 4 weeks is a worse than a hibernating bear coming out of a den with 2 cubs. The bears are outside, but the snake is in the inner sanctum. I'm so thankful you're hear this year, but I would watch out for that snake as he grows. Merry Christmas to you all.
Uncle Larry
PS Glad you found the snake. If there was a lost snake in my house, I would have permanent amnesia

December 21, 2008 at 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharon, I meant to say insomnia, in other words I could never sleep untill the snake was found!

December 22, 2008 at 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home