This is Good....
I know the Lord loves us just as we are. He knows that we love Him too. It’s time to take responsibility for our own actions and do something about our eating habits. We don’t just stop a bad habit. We need to replace it with a good one. We can eat healthy food without guilt, knowing that what we eat is going to give us and our family a better, healthier life.
Ecclesiastes 9:7 (The Message)
7-10 Seize life! Eat bread with gusto,
Drink wine with a robust heart.
Oh yes—God takes pleasure in your pleasure!
Dress festively every morning.
Don't skimp on colors and scarves.
Relish life with the spouse you love
Each and every day of your precarious life.
Each day is God's gift. It's all you get in exchange
For the hard work of staying alive.
Make the most of each one!
Whatever turns up, grab it and do it. And heartily!
This is your last and only chance at it,
For there's neither work to do nor thoughts to think
In the company of the dead, where you're most certainly headed.
Now, I have read some books on positive thinking and thousands of sayings that were supposed to make you “feel” better but this tops it all!! I have to be honest and tell you that I really didn’t know that there were such positive things in the Bible like this. I do read my Bible but I don’t recall ever seeing this in there…
I guess when you are seeking His direction, He will show you these things…we just have to look for them! I can tell you that this scripture is going right on my fridge so I can see it everyday!
When I say this, I am really talking about myself….I think that there are times that I don’t want to seek Him and I don’t want to be positive! That sounds really bad but I am just being honest! It takes a toll on my mind and body when I choose to be negative and not positive. I get in a rut sometimes and I don’t like the way that feels but at the same time, I’m not sure that I want to get out of it. Does that make sense? Even when I am in that bad place in my heart, I know that if I would just give it to God, I would be so much better off. What is that saying….misery likes company? God loves our company and He wants us to have a relationship with Him. I know in my heart of hearts that this is what I am supposed to do. If I don’t ask Him daily to help me be a better person and guide me through each day, I feel further away from Him. Sometimes, it takes several times a day to call on Him…and the amazing thing is…He is right there with me and holds me up every time! I know that I cannot do this on my own and it takes me letting God take on this ugly monster called addiction to food to get through this. God can handle any addiction…even food! I love that He is right there when I need Him and He is there to celebrate the success with me when I reach a small goal!
I am in daily prayer for each of you that are dealing with this “monster” and lift you up. I praise Him for all the success we each have in the small and big goals that we reach! Love to you all….

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home