Mistakes...
Yes, we make mistakes sometimes. It’s easy to return to our old comfortable habits instead of staying with the new ones that God is helping us develop. Sometimes when we stumble, Satan, the deceiver, taunts us with, “See, I knew you couldn’t do it—you are going to fail again.” Let’s learn to recognize him for what he is. Refuse to allow him to make you feel guilty and rob you of the joy you know the Lord has for you. Don’t let him rob you of your self-esteem or success. If we stumble, we just have to accept it as a detour on a journey to health and fitness, put it in the past (but learn from it) and then get right back on our plan.
Psalm 37:23-24 (New Living Translation)
23 The LORD directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the LORD holds them by the hand.
There isn’t much I can really say about this devotion. We all know that this happens with the little voice in our heads that tell us we’ll never make it or says just give up or quit! Sometimes we choose to listen to this voice and follow through and just give up…on the other hand…there are times that we decide that we will not give in to the temptation to give up. I guess it depends on the frame of mind we are in and the relationship we have with God. I think that all the devotions we are reading lean in the direction of God being right there to hold our hand, carry us and the fact that He will never leave us or forsake us. I know that it is easier said than done when it comes to really trusting Him to guide us in the right direction but if we are going to succeed, we have to let Him lead the way.
I know that for me, I have to really pay attention to what God is doing in me. I pray for understanding and wisdom. I better get, I am fixing to step on those scales!!! Trying not to get too excited or get my hopes up…don’t want to have those scales take over me.
See you all later on tonight…looking forward to it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home