Days of Our Lives.....

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Beautiful Day!!

I said it last night and I will say it again today.....this is a new day and I get to start all over again with the positive attitude and a clean slate.  I had to work the Home and Garden Show this morning and I knew that there would be lots of junk foods there such as Krispy Kreme Donuts, candy, etc.  Our booth was Nationwide Insurance and we were the one who had the smelly donuts that were going like crazy!  They were plain and then when that box was empty, they brought out another box of chocolate covered cream filled donuts.  I was very proud of myself for not eating any!!  I felt good about it too.  Any time I have a victory over a temptation of any size, big or small, I really feel good about it!

I love the scripture for today too!  Here it is:


Psalm 119:153-154 (The Message)

 153-154 Take a good look at my trouble, and help me—
      I haven't forgotten your revelation.
   Take my side and get me out of this;
      give me back my life, just as you promised. 


Reading this scripture reminds me that we can just ask for help and He is there to give it to us!!  I think that sometimes we forget that we can just yell out "HELP" and it is right there.  I will tell you about a time that I asked God to help me stay away from junk food.  Now, this was years ago but I will never forget it.  I think I had prayed that morning for God to do whatever He needed to do to help me stay away from junk food that day.  Well, it was after lunch and I was bored because I certainly wasn't hungry....I went for the Little Debbie oatmeal cookies!  I knew exactly what I was doing but seemed to forget that I had just prayed that morning for God to help me stay away from them!  I was being all sneaky.....I went for the box of cookies....I grabbed one.....started to unwrap it.....smelled the delicious goodness....and as I ripped the plastic away from the cookie, it went right into the trash can!  Now, this made me mad but then I realized that I probably shouldn't have tried to eat it anyway....then, I had a rebellious moment and I thought, well, there's a whole box of these cookies...I'll just open another one.  Well, I grabbed the box once again, got the cookie, unwrapped it and wouldn't you know it.....the darn cookie flew into the trash can again!!!  It hit me then like a ton of bricks!!!  God was doing whatever He had to .....He helped me!  At first, I was mad but then I laughed and looked up...I thanked Him for His help and walked away from the kitchen.  Never underestimate God's power!!  He still works miracles...I have seen them with my own eyes!  He also works these little miracles such as the help He gives when we ask for it.  I can tell you one thing....don't ask Him if you don't want it!!  


This program that we are in is such a life changing thing for me and I hope it is for you too.  I know that none of us are perfect and sometimes we mess up...but we can start over again and get right back to it.


There was a question in the lesson today that was asking what are some of the program guidelines and their corresponding actions that are helping you change these bad habits.??  I can say that making new positive thoughts about myself have started making new positive thoughts in my head and less of the negative thoughts are flooding my head!  


This is a beautiful day!!  

  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home