
I can't believe this weather. As you can see, it is snowing and I wasn't about to go all the way outside to take this picture, so I stood inside the front door and snapped it...right now it is just a light dusting. The kids were all in really good spirits this morning and that is very rare. They usually just drag themselves around and move like snails...and they never talk much less smile or laugh. The mornings around here are very quiet. But this morning when they saw the snow, a delightful outburst of happy laughing and smiling and a lot of talking was going on. I had to take it in because this just doesn't happen around this house in the morning! The snow didn't affect me in that way...I guess my age has something to do with that. I remember as a child I would want to play in the snow and catch it in my mouth. I never could understand why my mother didn't care for it until now. I told her that I would never not play in the snow no matter how old I got....well, I can say that I have been eating my words for a couple of years now. I am very cold natured and being in the cold or the snow is not one of my favorite things to do. I can usually find quite a bit to do inside in the warmth. Today will be a good day to make the Lentil Chili!! I have all the ingredients and as soon as the kids are at school I will get started on that. The snow sure is pretty but I would rather look at it from inside than have to be out in it.
2 Comments:
As you can see from my blog, we wasted no time in getting out to play in the snow. I guess the teacher/scrapbooker/blogger/I-haven't-seen-snow-in-8-years-er in me just couldn't let it pass! Today IS a good day for chili. Mmm, mmm, good!!!
I felt the same excitement about the snow. I hadn't seen any in a long time, plus I was excited for the kids. I heard some neighbor kids hooping and hollering when it was still dark out.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home