TGIF
Well so far the results of the bone marrow are showing that it has been cleared out. The doctor has been in here a second time but will not know all the results until probably Monday. He said there may even be a chance I could go home a week (maybe) before I start my chemo treatments...this has all been "maybe" so I amnot getting my hopes up. I sure would be nice though. I know he is thinking that if I am home, I would be doing all sorts of stuff and not getting the rest like I should. So we shall see.
Keith will be coming here this morning as soon as he gets done running some errands.
Oh ya, this morning I woke up to hair around my nose and eyes! It was dark and I kept getting it out of the way....well, I turned on the light and there was hair everywhere. Surprise! Surprise!! I just sat there thinking, boy it sure didn't stay long. My scalp sure is sore. It hurts to wash my hair and to towell dry it and now I know why it has been so tender...cuz it's coming out!!
The bone marrow test went well yesterday. It is still a painful procedure but nothing like the first one I had done. I had some really good drugs. Apparently the drugs were so good that I called my mother and told her I was going to go eat me a bowl of cereal.....ya right, since I can't chew anything....that makes all kindsof sense....I am hoping that she new I was loopy and just disregarded my comment.
Well, it is almost 10am and I need to wash my hair and enjoy it a little longer before it really starts coming out. In His Grip, Sharan

2 Comments:
Well, I will get my hopes up for you. I will pray that the results are clearly positive and that you will be able to go home. But would that mean having to go around the house wearing a face mask? Or would they wait till your immune system was stronger? Well. I have to get back to work. I love you sis!
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 - from your blog!
Your not so little bro-David
I'm glad to hear that the result so far are promising. I have known you for a long time and I also know that you would probably have to be physically restrained at your home to not do stuff. REmember that time that we all(exhusbands)ate dinner together and you couldn't even wait until we were done eating to start washing dishes. You said that they were calling your name - to quote you exactly. Yes, you said that, and you weren't even on any pain meds. But I know that home would be more cozy for you and the kids would love to have you around. I hope it works out. I love you, friend. I'm sad to hear about your hair. We've had many a hair crises together over the years. Big hair, flat hair, short hair, long hair, permed hair, bleached hair....you name it, we've done it. Maybe I'll send you one of my "doo-rags" that I use to teach my classes. I think they make me look tough, but you my friend are the tough one.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home