How Precious Chewing is....
I never thought I would be talking about chewing food, or using a straw to drink that cold thick milkshake. And this is gross....but spitting is something we just do and don't give a second thought. Sucking on a hard candy (I have some of that here in my room and my visitors have enjoyed it but I can't have it right now because all of these things are very painful to me right now and have been since October 31. I cannot chew ANYTHING!!!!! My gums and the inside of my mouth are so swollen that it feels like my teeth are going to pop out of my mouth. I can say that this is getting very old along with the fevers, body aches and cluster headaches.
I am sitting here on the edge of my bed drinking a boost and then I will have my applesauce...I eat applesause and boost just about every meal....that is the only thing that doesn't hurt my mouth. Of course, the frosty's from Wendy's are very good and feels good on my gums and throat. Becky brought me one last night.
Becky and I had a good visit and Keith came about an hour later or something like that...he brought in a lamp for my room so when we have people here in the evenings when it is dark outside, I don't have to turn these big bright lights on...light is not my friend right now.
I thought I had better update the blog while I felt a little bit like being up.
The one thing I think we can start praying for is this Wednesday or Thursday around noon I will be having another bone marrow test done and we will go from there. I will let you all know as soon as the date and time are definite. This one will not be as bad because Dr. Thomas has told me that he will use good drugs. I told him to use whatever he had and that would be fine with me....in fact, put me out!!!
Well, I better get off of here. I will finish my Boost and applesause and take a nap....this blogging has made me tired already....over and out....sharan

8 Comments:
I hope that you have a better day today. I am praying that we all will get great news on Wednesday regarding your test. Hopefully your mouth will get better soon as well. I really wish I could visit you, but I am definitely in the middle of a cold. I love you and my heart is there with you.
Take care sis.
Love,
David
Sharan, glad you felt like blogging today. You are always in our hearts and thoughts. You are in our prayers.
Love you bunches and bunches
Uncle Robert & Aunt Gail
Glad you're feeling a little better today. We're keeping you in our prayers. Have you tried eating pudding or baby food fruits. Might give you a little more variety. Just wait till you can eat again and Mark will hook you up with whatever you want!
Love ya lots!
In Our Prayers!!!
Donna and Mark
Yeah, and update! An update from you means that you at least felt well enough to blog, and that is something to be happy about! I check your blog multiple times a day to see if there is anything new. We are praying for you, and I hope your teeth DON'T pop out of your head!!!
Have you tried Jello?
Hi! I miss you soooo much!!!! I am so glad to see you're writing. Everyday someone asks about you and to see if one of us had heard anthing from you.
We all hope and pray you'll be better soon.
Love you
Jeanne
Sharan, you don't know me. I am a friend of Gail and Robert. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts as you walk this rough road. I am so glad to see you have a strong support system of family and friends because I know how important they are for those rough times and for the good times.
Wilhelmenia
Sharan, so good to hear from you and see you are strong enough to blog. We are thankful you are so strong in the Lord, and it gives us confidence we know where your strength comes from. We continue to pray without ceasing, as you come to our mind, which is all through the day and night. We love you,
Larry and Sandra
Proverbs 3:5-6
Thank you for the update - kind of reassuring to see "you" there. Don't know if it is available - but here in Texas we get snocones (elaborate things called Hawaiian Ice) and you can get all kinds of flavors. My family member who went through chemo/radiation became a Hawaiian Ice fanatic. All that cold and flavor - even better it turns your lips and tongue such weird colors to freak out the nurses! Praying up a storm (literally we have a cold front coming through!) that you go through this valley and get to the mountaintop soon and whole!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home