Days of Our Lives.....

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Breaking News from Channel 9124

Where to begin....well, here is a list of a couplde of things...


1. My next bone marrow test will be on Thursday 11/8 around noon. Dr. Thomas has already got all the good drugs ordered to make sure I am semi-out of it for this test. I told him he could just totally knck me out and that would be fine...but whatever.

2. They are trying another antibiotic on me to see if they can find the right one to cure my mouth. The bad part is, I have no immune system to help the antibiotics fight this weird infection I have. The fevers are still coming and going. Usually highs are 102.5 and lows are 100.5. That makes you feel pretty crumby.

3. Last night, Jane came over and cut my hair. My scalp has been really sore and brushing through the long hair was not fun...so Jane came over last night and cut it pretty short. It feels so much better and not as hot when I get these night sweats.
Jane, thank you so much for coming out here and doing that for me. You have no idea how much I appreciate that.

4. Becky and Buddy came by yesterday evening for a little while. Buddy left first and Becky stayed and watched me get my hair cut.

5. Last night was the first night I didn't get to see Keith. I sure do miss you honey and miss you being next to me every night. I don't like being away from you and the children.

Ok, enough about that list.....I have to say that when I had my quiet time this morning in the bathroom (with a hot washcloth over my face) I asked God for peace and asked Him for some comfort. The comfort comes each day with calls from friends and family and cards that come in the mail. There is comfort knowing that our neighbors, church family and friends have brought food to our house so that Keith doesn't have to come home and rush around and prepare food for everyone and the rush over here to the hospital to be with me. There is comfort from my mother each day as she has spent so much time here with me during the day. She is here for me when I am not well enough to get something or just here to talk with me about "stuff". It sure helps keep mymind off of what I am going through...I guess no matter how old you get, your mother will always be your mother. She sure has been there for me throughout the years as I have been in and out of the hospital with my hips since I was a baby. Now, here I am 37 years old and she is still right here by my side. Keith has gone back to work and so she decided she would just stay with me during the day. She does get Thursday off since I am getting my bone marrow test on that day. Keith will be here all day on Thursday.

Well, I am getting sleepy. I think I will take a nap. In His Grip, Sharan

2 Comments:

Blogger David Spach said...

I'm glad you were feeling well enough to type all that. I really hate that I have a cold and can't come visit. But I know it would do you more harm than good to visit you right now. I am guessing that you have still never gotten anything from that guy Becky talked to for faster internet. I guess it isn't that big of a deal right now, but I wish that they had something there for patients. I hope the staff is treating you well there. And I am praying that your mouth will heal quickly. The Lord is so gracious, even when man sees people suffeing, we know that God is still loving us and gives us daily the strength we need to survive any trials that come our way. Keep up with your devotions, that is the best way to hear from God. because we know He can hear us clearly, we are the ones who have a hard time hearing Him talk to us. I know He is constantly reminding you that He is right there with you. I love you sis!
Stay strong and remain in His Grip!
Love,
David

November 6, 2007 at 12:36 PM  
Blogger Mel said...

I am praying that your mouth heals soon! Oh my friend, I just cannot imagine how that must feel....I whine about a little ulcer on my cheek. You have the most amazing optimism....meliea

November 6, 2007 at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home