Days of Our Lives.....

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Very Busy Week

First, I will share the scripture with you for today:

The wolf shall live with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid, the calf and the ion and the fatling together, and a little child shall lead them. Isaiah11:6 NRSV

This week is Vacation Bible School...Keith and I have been doing this together since we got married 4 years ago. This year we have the largest group ever with about 20 children.....yikes. Audrey said this was great birth control! I just laughed when she said that. I often get tickled at her when she says that when she has children, they will never do this or do that....I told her she will one day eat her words because yes, they will do those things and it is what it is!! Ha!

So far this week has been good and the children in our group seem to be open to participating and having a good time.

A sad note....Jennifer was supposed to go back to camp this week but her friend decided she just didn't want to go....soooooo....Jennifer will be unpacking her bags today and she is so very upset that she didn't get to go. Oh well, I told her that life is full of disappointments and that we have to find some good in all this. So we are planning to try and make the best out of the rest of this week. The one good thing is that she is in our class at VBS and last night she really had fun. Friday is out big celebration with a cook out. Oh ya, last night in our last class...we all had to do a funny song on Kazoos...I found out that Keith didn't know how to make a sound come out of it. He was just blowing away into that thing. Several of us tried to help him out. I kept telling him to hum while it was on his mouth....I have to say that I have not laughed that hard in a while and half of the leaders in that group could not stop laughing! I think I just added some years onto my life. I try to laugh as often as I can....it is so good for you and healing as well.

Nothing much else to tell this morning. I did my walk and plan on taking the girls back to the YMCA today for another work out and then swimming some laps in the pool. The last thing I do before going home is getting into the hot tub and putting those jets on my back! Oh that is great!!

I better get for now. Later......

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharan, love to read how you and Keith serve,love,laugh and minister together. The kids are blessed to have you two. Wish we lived closer so we could see each other more. Love you all,
Uncle Larry

August 12, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home