It's Shedding Time Again
I was checking on Ozzie again tonight and he is going to town rubbing against anything rough and starting his shedding process. He has been going through it for the past week or so and his eyes turned black again so I thought it was about that time. I am posting from Jennifer's room as I watch Ozzie shed. It is amazing to watch and how he starts with his nose and gets that started first and then the rest of his body comes off like a sock. Pretty cool. Then I have to give him about 2 days to rest and then I can try and feed him. I sure hope he eats this time because he is really worrying me with as much weight as he lost the past 5 + weeks he hasn't eaten.
This process takes about 45 minutes to an hour and I will stay with him and make sure he sheds completely and get all the skin out of his aquarium....that's always fun. Jennifer saved his first shed and I guess I will save this one for her since she isn't here to watch him. I will lay it aside for her and she can decide if she wants to save it or not. She took the last shedding (skin) to school for show and tell...there was one part that was rather large and you could tell where his eyes were on his head.....pretty amazing!
I guess I better get...need to make sure he gets all this off and doesn't get hurt in the process.
Later....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home