Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, December 29, 2008

Pray For My Dad!!!

This has been so crazy...yesterday I decided to paint my nails and I just painted my thumb nail when the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it was Jane McCaskill on her cell phone. She was asking me how I was and if I had a nice Christmas. I thought it was a bit strange that she would call to ask me those things. Then the next thing out of her mouth was...."Now...don't panic....". I think that is probably a trigger for the brain to do just that but I remained calm until she told me that my dad was in the hospital! She said his mouth went numb and his blood pressure was high. He is at Baptist Hospital....and there wasn't really a need for me to come.....ya right! I called David and let him know what was going on and then I went and got ready...Keith and I went over there right away.

When we got there, Grandma, Bob and Jane were there and I waited to see if Mom would come out and give us some news. I decided to go on back and when I did I ran into Mom. I went in and talked with Dad and he seemed okay except the left side of his mouth drooped a bit. You could tell that something wasn't right. I came out and let David go in and as soon as he went in, they took him for some scans to see what was going on. Later, we found out that he had a mini stroke. He was admitted to the hospital (and my Dad wasn't too thrilled about that). I went home after we got him settled in his room and packed a bag and spent the night with Grandma and took care of Penny (their dog). Bobby was there as well for a while and we talked a bit. I went on upstairs and took Penny outside and then it was off to bed. Penny was ready for bed and she slept on my feel for a while until later on she decided to crawl on up at my head and snuggle. It wasn't too bad sleeping in the house with Grandma and Penny being there. It can be a little scary being alone at night and I hate it.....so I was glad I had company.

This morning, I got up and had some coffee and got ready for work. I took Penny down to Grandma and went to work. Mom called some during the day to let me know what they wee doing and that was about nothing...until later on when they started the testing on Dad. He didn't get back to the room until later on this evening and he is going to have to stay another night because there is another test they have to do . I know he is chomping at the bit to get home because he doesn't like to stay anywhere for too long so this is a record! Mom will be coming home tonight and I think David will stay with Dad tonight....sleep tight, David!! You won't get much sleep in the hospital....that is one thing I do know for sure.

Everyone say a prayer that all the tests go well and he gets to come home tomorrow.

Dad: I think you are going to have to unwind and be calm for a while and chill out! I think you have two modes.....sleep and run! You have to install a medium button and keep it there...ha! I love you and hope you get out soon.

I better get....I have my bag in the car and I need to get it out and unpack it....I think I will sleep good tonight.

Later.....
Oh ya, I never finished painting my nails.....maybe I will tonight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home