Battle of the Buldge
Well, I know it has been a while since I have been on here but thing are always just crazy around here and at work....especially at work. I think that if it weren't for my sisters at the office, not sure if I would be able to make it...I love Misty and Ebony....we are the 3 Musketeers...Partners in crime....you get the idea. We can make each other laugh and keep each other sane and help each other make it through the day.
Last Saturday, I thought it was time I get on the scales and see what the damages were....I knew it was going to be bad but I braced myself and got on....waited for the final numbers and WOW was it really way up there. But I knew it was going to be bad. I stood straight and I decided that with the Lord's help I was going to really try hard and watch my eating. I had a great week and made sure I wrote everything down...did a lot of praying....each day that I did really good, I just felt better about myself.
This Saturday it was time to weigh in since it has been a week. I knew that I had lost because I wasn't eating all that junk and drinking a bunch of colas. I got on the scales and was pleasantly surprised! I lost 6.4 pounds!! I was very happy about that but when you weigh as much as I do right now...loosing 6.4 pounds is like a deck chair flying off the Titanic!!! LOL!!!! I am not being negative but you have to admit that is funny!! You know me....I have to get a laugh n there somewhere!
Now for a confession.....this is sort of sad but this is the way I have been feeling.....the past 5 or 6 months going back and forth to the Oncologist....the labs were not good and I was feeling really bad. I really thought I wasn't going to be on this earth much longer and I just thought "Who cares what I eat or what I do....I am not going to be here much longer..." . I know that sounds terrible but that is truly how I felt. I think that the Lord had to give me a wake up call. He has healed me and for a great reason I am sure of it. I was not fully trusting that things would be ok and thought that this disease had gotten me. I have been healed and I just have to be thankful for that....and knowing this I have to live like it.
On another note: Black Cohosh is really great for hot flashes and night sweats. I know that was probably more information than you wanted but this stuff really works great. Okay, I am done now.
Later....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home