Days of Our Lives.....

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Getting Older....

Now, before you start saying that I am complaining....I am not. I just thought it was interesting that on "Majic 96"..an oldies music station...they were playing music like Van Halen and The Cars....I guess the next group to get on there will be like Metalica and Iron Maiden!! Keith says that is a sign that we are getting old. Can you imagine what it will be like when we are all old and in a nursing home??? We will be sitting around in our wheel chairs listening to some rock and roll or some heavy metal band!!! I think it is quite funny if you want to know my honest opinion.

Enough about music and onto the task at hand...the weight!! I have lost that 6 pounds that I gained while at the beach! I think that watching your calorie intake and fat intake....especially carb intake (except for the good cards such as the ones in fruits) and swimming 30 laps in a 25 meter pool can really help a bunch!! I have not been doing the weights right now as I have just not felt up to it here lately. I think that as long as I can get the cardio in...that will help. It makes me feel so good to get those laps in!! The hot tub with the jets is so relaxing after a long work out.

I got my B12 shot on Wednesday and I am still getting that numbing/tingling in my lips!! I am wondering if the shot I got maybe didn't get in the right place?? I thought that this shot was going into your tissues....if anyone knows...please share!!

I better get for now. I am eating a late lunch since I had a late breakfast....later!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pat Spach said...

That IS funny! I know that when Grandma and I go in AC Moore to shop, they are playing 60's music. Grandma always says "if they're playing that stuff for me, they can turn it off". I'm usually enjoying it. Now - if they were playing Tommy Dorsey from the 40s, she would like that. But you are probably right - the nursing homes will have groups coming in to sing those heavy metal songs and all the patients will know the words and sing along.....
Love
Mom

July 27, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home