Days of Our Lives.....

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Are Our Problems Too Tough For God?

We sometimes think that we are the case that’s too tough for God to handle. There is no problem so great that God can’t solve it—if we give Him full control of the situation. Even if it is a lifelong problem like compulsive eating, etc., God can help if we yield and ask. You have His word on it and you can’t get any better than that.

Matthew 7:7 (The Message)
7-11"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This isn't a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your child asks for bread, do you trick him with sawdust? If he asks for fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing. You're at least decent to your own children. So don't you think the God who conceived you in love will be even better?

We discussed this last Thursday night at our meeting….we know that God can handle any situation if we just give it to Him….BUT….we tend to take it back time and time again. It is very hard to just give it to God when we are scared and then we take it back because we don’t want to give up that control. I think we can see that after many years of taking this stuff back that we apparently don’t know what we are doing…ha ha ha! God really does know best and he knows us better than even ourselves. Psalm 139 says he knew us before we were in our mother’s womb and knows the number of hairs on our heads. That is just too awesome for us to imagine but He knows what we are going through and He can take it from us if we just ask. Just try to leave it with Him….even if you have to remind yourself daily that God has your situation under control and we are going to leave it in His care. We might even have to remind ourselves several times a day…

Mirror, mirror on the wall: This morning was a bit difficult for me to look in the mirror and say that I was pretty…I am not a morning person and in the morning, I don’t find much that is “pretty” so I had to go back and regroup after I was awake and after my shower…then I was able to go in there and say….you are pretty and I am so thankful for this body that God has given me. I am very blessed to be here and I know that He has chosen to heal me of Leukemia for a reason and I needed to remind myself of that. I have a purpose here and God has chosen to keep me around a bit longer. Knowing this really has made me see things in a different light, that’s for sure. I think we all go through things in our lives that are really scary and we come out of it a better person and our lives are changed forever. Try and look back on your life and think of a time that you were going through a terrible time and you came through it and you knew that God had brought you through this time and it really changed your life. Now, you need to know that He brought you through for a reason and you may never know what it is until you see Him one day in Heaven. The bottom line is…you are here now and whatever the reason, you need to use it for His good!

I pray for you all that God will give you peace and understanding while you are in this place and that you will learn to walk a little closer to Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home