Days of Our Lives.....

Friday, March 5, 2010

Think Positive...God Sure Did When He Made You...

It isn’t easy for many of us because we have lived for years with self-ridicule and self condemnation rather than the truth of God’s Word. We have to break free from such lies, realizing that God doesn’t condemn us. He does, however, convict us because He loves us.

Romans 8:1-2 (New International Version)
Life Through the Spirit
1Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,[a] 2because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.

First I want to share my little and I do mean little success. I weighed in and am down .4 lbs. I was a little discouraged since I feel that it should have been more and then I remembered that I should be happy that I didn’t gain….so this is a good thing.

Second, the meeting last night was wonderful! I had no idea that a craving for let’s say…chocolate…when I am not even hungry is really a need to disconnect from something….and to maybe even escape from something. There may be some really bad things going on at home or at work that have you really stressed or there may be other things going on in your life that have you out of sorts…then you get that craving..when really you are wanting to escape from this stress. I certainly learned something new since I had never heard of a craving meaning this before until the meeting. I makes perfect sense though! I will really try and listen to my body and if I have a craving for something, ask myself if I am really hungry or stressed…even bored.

This devotion talks about how we have been taught through the years. I think a lot of us have a hard time with self-esteem. I know that is a big issue for me. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think I am ugly but I sure am not very comfortable with my body right now! I look at pictures from when Keith and I got married and think..wow…that was great! I was ok with my body. Now, I am really having a hard time with that. I know that I shouldn’t be that way but that is just one area of my life that needs lots of work….really an overhaul!! LOL
I am a work in progress so please be patient while the construction takes place….God is still working on me and I am learning to wait on Him. I sure am glad that He is right by my side when I am scared or fearful because He soothes me and holds me in His arms!

Thank you all for the extra prayers…I really appreciate it. I know that God will take care of me and everything will work out either way!

I am lifting you all up in prayer! Mom and Jane…I love you both and am so thankful that you are willing to have these meetings and welcome us all in! Thanks so much for all you do.

Everyone have a blessed day and remember to ask Him for help if you are in a situation that you think you might get into trouble. He will be right there to take care of you and lead you away from trouble!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam and Greg said...

Sharon.. I sooo wish I were there to join you guys for this wonderful study and time of accountability and learning as you seek God's best for your life in every aspect! It sound like just what I need on this ongoing struggle / battle to take care of myself ... mind, body, and spirit!!! Hang in there.. you are making some lifelong changes in your approach to everything!! love you much!

March 5, 2010 at 8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home