Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, March 15, 2010

Don't Deprive Yourself!

By choosing our new eating habits and weight loss program or should I say our lifestyle change, we are saying in a practical way that we choose the higher life. This is our goal—not slavery to the flesh.

Matthew 10:39 (The Message)
38-39"If you don't go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don't deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you'll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you'll find both yourself and me.

I like the devotion above that talks about this being our goal—NOT slavery to the flesh! Do you ever feel that you are depriving yourself? I know I have done that in the past and when I do this, I tend to really overeat and I do it good too. When I want something sweet, I go ahead and have a little because it satisfies me and I don’t feel deprived.

Yesterday, I stopped at McDonalds and had a small ice cream cone…then another time I made strawberry smoothies with frozen strawberries and skim milk with Splenda!! It was quite tasty I might add!! There are a lot of healthy snacks out there if we just look for them or spend the time and make them. It is a challenge to me to look at the calories in certain foods…sort of like a treasure hunt. Fun!
Once we start to see the results on the scales, it makes it more encouraging to keep on going.
Everyone have a great week. I can’t believe it’s Monday AGAIN!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home