The Scales....
Reading today's lesson was earlier this morning but I read it again just now and thought about the scales again. I was looking at some of the little examples of how we weigh before and after a shower...like something is going to happen to the weight while we are in the shower. That made me laugh but it is so true. The only thing different on that one for me would be to weigh before the shower since wet hair would probably weigh more than dry hair??!! Just sayin'...
The one about how the person would weigh at their friend's house in their bathroom and whatever the scales said would make her whole visit either good or bad. I know that I was guilty of that. I don't know about men but women's weigh can change throughout the day and depending on what time of the month it is...we can gain between 3-7 pounds of water weight!! Isn't that just lovely??!! But, that is the way it is....or as I always say "it is what it is"!
Today was nice, the weather was perfect! We spent the day with Hannah in Raleigh at NC State. We walked around for a very long time so that was great because I didn't get my morning workout. We ate lunch at this place called Noodles. I was afraid of the name of the place since I can't have pasta for a while but they had all sorts of really good salads.....so I had a Chinese Chef salad and it was really good! The we had to walk back to campus so if there was too many calories, I definitely walked them ALL off.
Well, here is the scripture for today. I love reading it in The Message because it really makes more sense to me.
Romans 5:3-5 (The Message)
3-5There's more to come: We continue to shout our praise even when we're hemmed in with troubles, because we know how troubles can develop passionate patience in us, and how that patience in turn forges the tempered steel of virtue, keeping us alert for whatever God will do next. In alert expectancy such as this, we're never left feeling shortchanged. Quite the contrary—we can't round up enough containers to hold everything God generously pours into our lives through the Holy Spirit!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home