Days of Our Lives.....

Friday, January 19, 2007

Is it Friday Again??

It seems that the older I get the faster time goes by. I know that time goes by the way it always has but it just seems to fly be faster each year! Another thing that has happened to me is that the people around me that are quite a bit older than me don't seem as old I as I once thought. When I was much younger, I would think that someone in their 30's or 40's was ancient! Now I see them as very young with lots of life left to live. Isn't it funny how age does that to a person or it has for me anyway.
My quiet time went well this morning. Of course I am praying about a new job and that it will be the right one. This morning my cell phone started beeping at me and I saw that I had a voice mail. I listened to it and them my phone rang and it was the lady calling me again about interviewing for a job at Citifinancial close by our house. I was very excited about that because she kept telling me that she would love to see me join their "team". On Wednesday, I have another interview at 2:30pm with Nationwide Insurance. The lady I spoke with lived in Charlotte, NC the same time I did and lived on the street behind me! She knew that I worked at Hickory Grove Baptist and it was a really wild conversation. She was very nice and was eager to meet with me. So...there are two possibilities at my door now and hopefully the right one will call me back and give me an offer! I just love playing the "waiting game". (that was a very sarcastic comment in case you didn't know). Well, it is past my lunch time and I will be eating some left-over lentil chili that was really tasty last night...everyone loved it except Jennifer who I made take a bite of it and she gagged! But I have to give her credit for at least trying it. She loves to eat bland food and doesn't like anything that is the least bit spicy. I will leave you with a thought for the day:
If you're headed in the wrong direction, God allows U-turns.....

2 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Glad almost everyone liked the chili. Next, you'll have to try the split pea soup. Tastes nothing like what you think! Sounds great about the interviews. We'll be praying for you.

January 19, 2007 at 5:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll be praying about a job - maybe one of these is the "right" one.

Love
Mom and Dad

January 19, 2007 at 11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home