Days of Our Lives.....

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Fever Free For 2 days

Sorry I have not been updating daily but I was very sick and just couldn't do it. The past 2 days have been pretty good though. The fevers have gone for the moment and my counts are slowly coming up little by little. It seems like an eternity. The Dr will not start my next round of chemo until I get better. I was pretty sick there for a while keeping a fever of 101.5 to 103.8 and that just makes you feel yucky.

Keith and I went to the little gift shop downstairs (with a nurse of course) to see if they have any wraps for my head. They a black one and an off white one...we got them both. I had one of my hats on last night while I had Rebecca McDuffie and Chuck Eyler here to see me and kept having to wipe the sweat out from under that hat. I decided last night that I wanted to have something that I can wear inside that was light and wouldn't make me sweat and get all hot. I have Allison Carlton on a mission to see what she can find. I just need something light for inside....because I am not ready to run around with nothing on my head and look like "G.I. Jane"!!!

My favorite things to drink at 2% milk with a straw right out of the little carton and I love my Carnation Instant Breakfast (Chocolate). These are the only 2 things that taste like they should....oh ya and orange sherbert tastes pretty good. I used to like strawberry boost drinks but then they changed my antibiotic and all that stuff tastes like metal. Metal is not good. Well, I have had quite the morning with a Field trip and all and updating my blog so I think it is nap time. Blessings to you all. Sharan

6 Comments:

Blogger David Spach said...

Glad to hear you are doing better. If possible I am going to try and come visit this week. I wanted to come tonight, but Pam has a meeting and so I will be with the kids this evening. I will see how tomorrow looks and try to stop by then. I love you sis.
David

November 15, 2007 at 12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sharan, sooo good to hear from you again. We continue to pray for you as you come to our mind and heart. If you will go to google amd type in "paula young" (wigs), they have a turban that might fit exactly what you want. The number is A1154 and you can even get it with bangs. We love you,
Larry and Sandra

November 15, 2007 at 5:47 PM  
Blogger LindaSue said...

http://www.headcovers.com/ was recommended by a blogger using the pseudonym WhyMommy as having a variety of attractive head covers. Someone else recommended talking with a local Cancer Society office as they often have resources for head coverings. SO glad you had a little more strength today - sorry that things taste weird, kind of messes up the deal of getting to eat lots of ice cream if you wanted to doesn't it? Still praying - and trusting that your strength will come back quickly.

November 15, 2007 at 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GL=lad to hear you are feeling a little better. I hope you find the right head covering. God has blessed us all. You are going to get better, I just know it is his will. We love you, Diana and Efren

November 16, 2007 at 7:02 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Bald is beautiful! Wear your hairlessness as a badge of honor! You are a survivor, and it is a symbol of your bravery! You are in the Chemo Army fighting a war against disease! I understand your desire to find a nice head cover, but I want you to know that I love you just the way you are, and I am proud to be your SIL.

November 16, 2007 at 8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter liked the terry turbans. Another favorite of her's was a large bandana folded in half as a triangle and tied at the back of her neck. It was lightweight and comfortable and yet she still felt "covered".
Wilhelmenia Childress

November 16, 2007 at 4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home