Ending Another Day
It is about 9pm and I am done with the book "90 Minutes in Heaven" by Don Piper. I promised this book to Mom..I am sure she will have it read in a day. I just bought it yesterday and finished it this evening. What a book and what an inspiration!
I am feeling okay. I think I mentioned this in the earlier post that my white counts were 5.6 on Wednesday 2/27 and this morning they fell to 2.5! That was a fast drop! I am feeling more tired than the last time I got a round of chemo. The Dr and nurses are all telling me that you can't go by the last time you were here....each time is different and your body is going to react differently each time. I believe them now! I remember last time I was here just to get the chemo that I felt really good and had lots of energy...this time I don't have that...in fact, I feel a little run down. My spirits are good but my body is tired.
I will sleep well though as I just took some sleep aid (Ambien)...now that stuff is the bomb!
Thanks for all your prayers and encouraging words! You will never know how each one of you have touched my heart and inspired me. I can see how it would be easy to just give up and not care...but when you have God in your corner cheering you on and His angels holding your hand...you just keep going because you know that is what God wants and there is a great purpose for all of this! I have been praying that God will open me up for something to happen...I feel that He is leading me but I don't have a clear direction...just feel the pulling that I need to be prepared for something! Pray that I will be open to whatever He wants me to do. You know that the day I found out I had Leukemia, I was at work. I guess I was in denial about the whole possibility of this really happening to me....little did I know I would get a phone call on my cell phone from Dr. Chris Thomas telling the news....I had AML!! I will never forget those words....but as I told my co-workers in the kitchen that rainy Friday morning that I would be out of work for a long time and that I had cancer....my office manager looked at me and said "God is going to use this for His good...." Those words will never leave me and I really believe that God will use this cancer for His good....He may have already used it and I will never know. I want Him to use me in ways I cannot even begin to imagine...I think that is what I am trying to prepare myself for...not sure yet what in the world He has in mind. All I can say is "Here I am....use me...."
I will end this post with this scripture:
All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

3 Comments:
Sharan, God has already been glorified in your showing us your faith and dependence on Him. Thank you for sharing your heart through this. God is more interested in our CHRISTian character than our happiness or success, and we can see your desire to be conformed to His image and the mind of Christ. We love you and pray daily and without ceasing.
Uncle Larry
There are fewer greater blessings than to have a Christian boss. Very, very cool.
Wow, Sharan, you sure are encouraging and inspiring me! See if you can find "Revelation Song" on U-tube. It is an awesome praise song. The words are straight out of Revelation. Praying for you every day and you are right, God WILL use this for good. ~Lacy Cockerham
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home