Post from Wednesday 2/27....
Last night I was all ready to post but the Internet was not cooperating. It kept telling me "This page cannot be displayed" or something to that nature. I had quite an adventurous day yesterday. I got a 4 hour pass to get out of here. Mom and Dad broke me out of here after lunch and we went to the mall and walked all around there...left the mall and went to Mickey D's for an ice cream cone...from there we went on a mission to find me some crocs. I had no luck at the mall so we went to this nurse supply store where Mom had bought her some like the crocs but they no longer sell them. The hospitals will not let the nurses wear them any longer.
I had pretty much given up on the crocs at that point so we stopped in at Lifeway Book Store and I bought some tabs for my Bible....I am not quite fast enough at church looking up books of the Bible....I should be as I have been in church my whole life but there are some books that you just don't look at very often. The ones you look at all the time are easy to find...at any rate, I found the tabs and then I found this book "90 Minutes in Heaven". I can't say enough about that but to tell you I had a very hard time putting it down last night and read until 11:30pm. This book is awesome and I highly recommend you read it. I will be done with it today and I know of one person that wants to read it...Mom.
Back to the Croc mission...we left the book store and dad was heading back to the hospital when we saw Dick's Sporting Good Store (now there's a store that I feel out of place in). At one fast swoop, I had Dad turn in and he sat in the car while Mom and I went in the store and there they were..the Croc stand. See, I have been looking for some brown Crocs but all I have seen are the light pink, purple, light blue, or the ones that have your favorite team on them. You can't wear them with just anything...but I found some brown ones and I got them...they sure are comfy. We got back to the hospital by 3:45pm so they could hook me back up at 4pm.
It was 8:30pm before they gave me the pre-meds for the chemo and them a little after 9pm before they got the chemo going. Once the 3 hour bag was done, they unhooked me. I read quite a bit last night and just couldn't hold my eyes open any longer so I put the book down and I was out.
I got up this morning and put my eye drops in and they hooked me back up at 7:50am. I should be unhooked again by 11am or so. It is nice to be free from the IV poll in between chemo treatments.
That is all for now. My coffee is getting cold so I better get and that book is calling out to me so I will read more of that and relax.
Later!

2 Comments:
Sounds like you had a fun adventure. I've never been in Dick's Sporting Goods, but I can't think of a place I would be more out of place! Glad you found what you were looking for. I've seen that book on TV. I think it was an ad for a show where the author was going to be interviewed. Looked interesting.
Crocs are the bomb! You'll love them - one of the coolest things is you can stick them in the sink - scrub'em good with detergent and have CLEAN shoes to put on - just love that. Sporting goods places are good sources for cheap shorts, tshirts and crocs - love 'em.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home