Days of Our Lives.....

Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Late Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day...late. I had a good day that day. First of all, it was my mom's birthday and I got to spend some time with her and that was great. Happy Birthday to Mom. I went to get my labs done that morning and to see the doctor (what a way to start the day...getting poked again). Labs went good...then seeing the doctor started out not so good...he informed me that my white count was down quite a bit. On February 4, Keith and I went to Duke University Medical Center to get information on a bone marrow transplant and they did my blood work as well. My white count was 3.8 which is excellent! Well, when I got my lab work back, my white count was 2.5! I was not very happy about this because now I can't get the next treatment until that number comes back up to where it was. He said that he could give me injections to boost the white cells and he will have to do another bone marrow test if that doesn't work. I was scheduled to go back for round 2 of chemo on February 18th but now he wants me to wait another week to see what happens with my white counts. I am trying to not get stressed..I know that stress doesn't help your immune system come back good.

Here is some really good news:
Extra...Extra...Read all about it...
As I was saying when Keith and I went to Duke, the doctor told us that they only do 3 rounds of consolidation therapy (chemo) because they do all their own clinical trials and all their own "stuff". I told the doctor at Duke to please tell my doctor about this.....low and behold....he did! My doctor said that I was doing so well and that he felt good about doing only 3 rounds of chemo instead of 4!!!! Praise the Lord!! That was great news!!!!! I just have to get through 2 more treatments! This one coming up just has to be put off another week but that is okay...it will still be February and that will be round #2!!! This just makes me so happy.

Here is another tid-bit:
Sharan has a new hair style! Yes, I have another wig!! This is the one though. I swear it is like picking a best friend. You try them on and you just can't tell if they look okay or not. Well, Keith actually picked this one out and it looks great!! I like how it feels and I wore it to work today and it stayed on my head ALL DAY!!! I usually take a scarf with me to work and by 1-2pm that other wig would come off and the scarf would go on. This wig really looks good and is comfortable as well. I can't tell you how good that makes me feel....to have a more natural looking head of hair. I will snap a picture of it and post it...you can all tell me what you think about it.

Well, I better get off here. I have been playing on the computer looking at music videos on youtube.com such as U2, Depeche Mode, psychedelic furs, simple minds, human league, etc....these are all 80's music videos that I listened to when I was in high school!!! I can tell you that most of the ones I saved to the playlist were U2....my friend Meliea can appreciate this!!!! Rock and Roll!!!

Over and Out!
Sharan

1 Comments:

Blogger Pam said...

Hey there, Sharan! I just wanted to let you know that even though I don't leave a comment every day, we pray for you several times a day. I check your blog every day to see if you have any new updates, so keep those posts coming when you can. Love and hugs!

February 19, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home