Update on Duke University Medical Center
Keith and I went there yesterday and discussed a bone marrow transplant with an oncologist. We could tell he has been there forever due to his great wisdom and he knew the answers to all the questions we were asking. He told me that I was getting excelent care with Dr. Thomas and that things were g0oing great. He did all my blood labs and that was great because I get to see how fast they had come up since I had just had that done the Friday before. We both felt better and more informed after talking with Dr. Moore over at Duke. They can send my brother David a testig kit to take the test somewhere local and see if he would be a match. There is only a 25% chance that he would be. On the other hand, much later down the road, if I needed to, I can harvest my own stem cells. If this cancer comes back, I could get a bone marrow and use my own fresh stem cells. That just sounds like something out of Star Trek!!!
On another note, I have been working and it has been nice to be able to do that. I am pretty sure that I told you all that this is like therapy for me. When I am at work, it is almost like there is nothing wrong with me and this illness is gone and I am going back to normal. Then you get in the car and head home...then it doesn't take too long to figure out that reality has found you. I love going home at the end of a day and being with the people I love....
I can't think of any new stuff to tell. Sort of boring right now,,,I love that!!
My next lad and dr appt will be Feb 14th at 945am and my dr will be trying to schedule my second round of chemo. I think it will be sometime on the week of the 18th of this month. I am hoping this stuff will stay on schedule. Pray for a good attitude and for me to stay open to the Lord using me through all of this.
In His Grip
Sharan

2 Comments:
Hey sis. I am so proud of your attitude. And you know I would give whatever I have for you (be it Marrow, blood, whatever...) I love you and am proud to be your brother.
Sharan, I recently read two of the most important words in life are a good attitude and love, and I believe God has blessed you with both. We love you and continue to pray. Maybe next time we get together we can talk some "insurance." We didn't think anybody would ever follow in our footsteps, but if we were ever to pick the most likely, it would be you. You definetly have a sales personality.
Uncle Larry
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home