Accidents Happen
This morning I am all ready for my blood work and then off to the office. As I sat in the chair getting my blood drawn, my cell phone begins to vibrate like crazy. I figure it is one of the kids or maybe work but it wouldn't quit vibrating. The nurse said maybe I should answer it as it might be important...I said naaahhh...it is usually one of my kids and it is usually something small that they think is really a big deal so I ignored it.
Well, I am leaving the office and look down at my cell to see who has been calling me so many times and it was Keith!!! I freaked out!! I called him immediately and he told me that Hannah had been in an accident! My heart sunk and I felt like I was going to be sick...of course the first thing you think about is "Are they okay"?
I told Keith I was on my way to the accident and to let Hannah know. Thank goodness, our neighbor Russ Dameron was on the scene and stayed there with Hannah through the whole thing and even when I got there he stayed and we talked. He gave me his jacket....it was very cold and windy! The Trooper stayed in his car for what seemed to be an eternity to fill out all the paperwork. Turns out, the other driver was doing a U-Turn and wasn't looking and pulled right out in front of Hannah and then hit. It did some damage to the front of my car and knocked a light out but I got the insurance info and called their insurance company and went ahead and filed that claim!! As an agent, you don't ever want to put those things off...call as soon as it happens! Hannah was pretty shook up but seemed okay to drive. I offered to take her to school but she said she would be fine. I wrote her a note to turn into the attendance office so she could be excused for being late.
I am waiting on some phone calls from Geico Insurance....the lady I spoke with seemed nice....we will see how things turn out when it comes time for the adjuster to get involved...hopefully it will be painless!! It may have to be in the body shop for a while and we will need a loaner....who knows. I will keep you posted.
As for my counts, they are starting to really come down but not to the danger level just yet. I am praying for no fever and just getting through with transfusions!! That would be awesome!!
.....And these are the days of our lives......like sands through the hour glass.......

1 Comments:
Oh my goodness! I'm glad she was OK!
Maybe you won't get a fever this time, since it is spring now, and the germs are starting to lessen.
(This coming from the mommy who spent 5 hours yesterday cleaning up puke!)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home