Days of Our Lives.....

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hello Kitty and Superman









This morning, Dr. Thomas came in and asked who was staying with me and asked about the Hello Kitty pillow on the roll away bed. I told him the my youngest daughter, Jennifer was sleeping over and he said he didn't think it was my oldest son, Ryan...we laughed! Then he was talking about his kids and what they were doing and then I told him that I loved Hello Kitty as well and I got a nice huge Hello Kitty bath towel for a gift from my neighbor Susan across the street. I told him I knew that sounded funny that I am 38 and love Hello Kitty and he just smiled and said He was 30-something and loved Superman!! I had to ponder that for a while and think about that one.....he is sort of like Superman to me because he has held a lot of lives in his hands and has sure held my life in his hands!! Being a doctor is like being Superman or Wonder Woman because you save lives....but then there are the lives that cannot be saved and we loose them for some reason that we may never know why. It is sad and we miss them but we do have the memory of them and we do know that their doctor did everything humanly possible to save that life! I thought that was a deep thought to wake up to this early in the morning.

I am logging off for a bit...the nurse is coming in......

3 Comments:

Blogger LindaSue said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 23, 2008 at 8:38 AM  
Blogger Mel said...

You know if I were there, I would ask my doctor if he had on blue tights under his coat. LOL But that's just me. Glad you are hanging in there, friend. Hello Kitty has made a big come back since we were girls.

From Five For Fighting song...Superman
"Up, up and away...away from me
It’s all right...You can all sleep sound tonight
I’m not crazy...or anything…

I can’t stand to fly
I’m not that naive
Men weren’t meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"

May we all stay grounded in faith and love......Mel

April 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM  
Blogger Sharan Marion said...

Mel, I knew you would come up with something like this!! I enjoy your comments!! Sharan

April 23, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home