A Special Prayer Request For Robin Johnson's Mother
I know that some of you readers have read about Jackie Johnson who had been diagnosed a couple of years ago with Leukemia. Well, her mother Robin has been such a huge help to me in answering questions about this cancer. I am glad to say that Jackie is still doing well and just had some labs done and they were fine.
Well, I wanted to share this email with you all from Robin Johnson about her mother facing this an illness and I ask for your prayer from all of you! I spoke to Brent Johnson (Robin's husband) to get permission to add this to my blog and all the other prayer chains at churches as well and he said that we need all the prayers we can get! So, here is the email from Robin that I got the other day:
I have spoken with many of you about my mom's recent cancer diagnosis. I want to make all of you aware the we need your prayers....it is so good to have "praying friends" that you know will lift her up to the Lord! An update for those of you I have not been able to talk to personally......my mom was to have a routine hysterectomy on Thursday, 4/24. A biopsy had shown the fibroid tumor to be benign but the surgery revealed a sarcoma growing behind the uterus that had grown into her para-aortic lymph nodes. This was totally unexpected and devastating news to our family. I was able to be with her most of last week as she returned home to recuperate from the surgery. All the siblings are trying to take turns caring for her.....what a role reversal for us.....she is usually the one always tending to the needs of everyone and does not like all the "fuss" over her! She has made the decision to come to NC for the cancer treatments but will be unable to travel for several more weeks. We are currently getting her appointment scheduled and records transferred. It will probably be the end of May when she comes to NC and we don't exactly know what type of treatment she will need. We are anxious to hear from the Dr. at Baptist Hospital for some direction. Until that time, she needs to heal well and be prepared for what is ahead. My mom is a very strong woman and has a strong faith that will carry her through this. Having been down this road once before, I know the power of prayer and have felt God's grace in some very difficult times. I know what it means to have a strong support system of friends and family. Also, please pray for the Dr. that will be caring for her. His name is Dr. Paul Savage......I will pray for his wisdom in making the vital decisions about her treatment.
Her address (for those who have asked):
Lois Cook HC 77 Box 26-C
Hinton, WV 25951
Thank you for your prayers on her behalf!
Robin

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home