Trying to get back on the Wagon
As long as our bodies control us and we give in to their desires, we’re not totally yielded to God and have not allowed Him to change us totally and give us the new life. We’ve known this but haven’t applied it to the subject of eating habits. The devil has kept us thinking it was just “our problem” and there was nothing religious about it. Everything we do is spiritual in nature, either for the good or for the bad. Thank Him for setting us free.
Romans 6:12-13 (The Message)
12-14That means you must not give sin a vote in the way you conduct your lives. Don't give it the time of day. Don't even run little errands that are connected with that old way of life. Throw yourselves wholeheartedly and full-time—remember, you've been raised from the dead!—into God's way of doing things. Sin can't tell you how to live. After all, you're not living under that old tyranny any longer. You're living in the freedom of God.
Easier said than done!! I'm thinking that there are certain things I still cannot have in the house or they need to be hidden from me. The control just isn't there!! In the verse, it talks about taking a different route when doing errands so you are not reminded of your old way. I think there are a couple of places that I need to re-route...better do that....
One thing I think I will do is have little post it notes that can remind me of the thigs that I have accomplished and things I need to stay away from...that would help me a bunch. I missed writing down a few times over the weekend and realize that this could lead to not writing anything down at all and the next thing I know, the weight will creep back on really fast...yes....I can gain it way faster than I can loose it...that is just not fair at all!!!
I have to get back in the right frame of mind and fast....time is of the essence and I am not even kidding!!
Everyone have a good day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home