The Bread of Life
The strength and help Jesus gives you in the eating area of your life should be just one of the many results of your following Him and doing His will. Don’t try to use Jesus like another fad diet that you idolize today and drop tomorrow. He isn’t a tool to get slim. He is Lord! Allow Him to help you. Yield to Him your appetite and eating habits, but don’t allow this to be your reason for following Him.
John 6:26-27 (The Message)
26Jesus answered, "You've come looking for me not because you saw God in my actions but because I fed you, filled your stomachs—and for free.
The Bread of Life
27"Don't waste your energy striving for perishable food like that. Work for the food that sticks with you, food that nourishes your lasting life, food the Son of Man provides. He and what he does are guaranteed by God the Father to last."
This devotion speaks volumes!! The biggest thing that spoke to me was the scripture…eating food that nourishes your body and that sticks with you.
So far, things are going pretty good. I had a good weekend minus Friday as we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday and I didn’t overeat but I know that the calories I took in were way more than I should have but when you eat out, you might as well add hundreds of calories on to whatever you eat. Saturday and Sunday were pretty good so maybe it will all even out this week. I have been writing it all down and keeping up with my calories.
I can’t think of anything really great to say at this point but it is a new day and we are starting fresh! Everyone have a great day!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home