Days of Our Lives.....

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Got Plans?

We are constantly faced with decisions. We have to constantly weigh the cost of yielding our appetite and eating patterns to Jesus. That means eating only food He allows, only the quantity He allows and only for the right reasons. The end result makes it worthwhile. When the smoke is cleared, you and Jesus will have won the battle!!

Luke 14:25-31 (The Message)
Figure the Cost
25-27One day when large groups of people were walking along with him, Jesus turned and told them, "Anyone who comes to me but refuses to let go of father, mother, spouse, children, brothers, sisters—yes, even one's own self!—can't be my disciple. Anyone who won't shoulder his own cross and follow behind me can't be my disciple.
28-30"Is there anyone here who, planning to build a new house, doesn't first sit down and figure the cost so you'll know if you can complete it? If you only get the foundation laid and then run out of money, you're going to look pretty foolish. Everyone passing by will poke fun at you: 'He started something he couldn't finish.'
31-32"Or can you imagine a king going into battle against another king without first deciding whether it is possible with his ten thousand troops to face the twenty thousand troops of the other? And if he decides he can't, won't he send an emissary and work out a truce?

I went ahead and put more of this scripture in here so it would make a little more sense…and it really does hit the nail on the head!! Figuring the cost before you go through with the plan can make a huge difference. If we dive in to anything and have no plan then we will fail. This I should know from lots of experience! I am older now…you know…I’m just saying…

There has to be strategic planning on my part for the plan to be successful. I never really thought about it that way but it is so true. Setting some small attainable goals that I can reach and make me want to do more….that is a start. Sometimes I think back on the times that I had to do it all MY way and when I didn’t get my way, I acted like a little child with my arms crossed and pouting with my bottom lip sticking out…that is the best illustration I can think of right now. Oh ya, and let’s stomp off mad too….ha ha ha!!! Back to the planning…..a good plan for me would to do a challenge each week and log that in my journal. At the end of each week I can choose another challenge and do that for the week. Change it up each week so not to get bored. I tend to get bored easily….that would be my ADD side…I am sure you all know what that is….my poor mom had 3 ADD people in the house and I never knew how she stayed sane….maybe one day she will share her secret.

I better get so I can get my plan together. Going into battle with no plan or goal is not a good idea!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday…..be good to yourself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home