I so enjoyed tonight at Pinedale.....the class....or the meeting! I love being a part of a group that really understands what the other is struggling with. What a blessing!! It's fun to be able to cut up with the people in the class and laugh....laughing makes things easier. Praying for each other and lifting each other up in prayer is so powerful!!
I wanted to share these scriptures with you guys. My dad was telling me about another translation to look in called God's Word Translation. He said that Billy Graham likes this. Here goes:
John 3:19-21 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
19This is why people are condemned: The light came into the world. Yet, people loved the dark rather than the light because their actions were evil. 20People who do what is wrong hate the light and don’t come to the light. They don’t want their actions to be exposed. 21But people who do what is true come to the light so that the things they do for God may be clearly seen.
This scripture is dealing with hiding things...such as eating things we are not supposed to..closet eating...sampling the food as we prepare it...or eating off other plates as we clean the table off. Of course, it could be talking about anything that we shouldn't do and hiding it. Now, you and I both know that we cannot hide anything from the Lord. He knows everything about us and we tend to forget that...so maybe we should think about that a little harder and remember that everything we do, the thoughts we have and the words we say are all out there for the Lord to hear and see. You would think that would make us behave a little better but it rarely does. I think that if we thought about that more, it would help us do the right things.
I want to say that I have been thinking about next Thursday...I have to keep reminding myself that if I lost 1 pound a week, that is really good! I think that not weighing for 6 weeks makes me think that I will lose a lot of weigh all at once but that isn't realistic. I can tell that I have lost weight or should I say released the weight...LOL
! I know that the measuring tape will be my best tool as I know that I have lost inches. I can tell it in my clothes and I can see it in my face. I just wish I could see it in my legs but those bad boys are the last thing to go and it takes a mighty long time to get those big things under control. I just have to stick with it and keep it up. I have been working out so that will help with the toning and cardio
as well.
Later....
1 Comments:
Great post. I'm thinking about next Thursday also. I'm trying to keep the same thing in mind - one pound for each week and I'll be happy. Anything more would just be icing on the cake. Slow and steady wins the race.
Love
Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home