What A Day!!
Today was just a bad day all the way around. Work was very stressful and just put us all on edge. A woman on the edge is never a good thing. Stress equals junk food to me and one of those would be a milkshake from Cook-Out. I was tempted but didn't cave in. I am very luck to work with two ladies that are not junk food eaters and are happy to tell me that I don't need that milkshake. It sure helps to have others know that you are trying to "watch it". If only we could get the guy in the office to not bring in Dunkin Donuts and sweets all the time, we would be in good shape, even though we don't eat those things.....it sure smells good and is so very tempting.
In reading the lesson today, I saw that there was quite a bit on closet eating or food sampling. I used to hide in the bathroom or in the bedroom and stuff my face with cookies, ice-cream or cookie dough!!! One of the flavors was called Death by Chocolate!!! Yikes is all I can say!!
I know that this lifestyle change takes lots of time to get in our system and in our hearts/minds. And I have to say that this time around has been so different for me. I feel like this has changed my life and my heart. My attitude has changed...even though sometimes I may make a comment about a video we watch or joke around with a member of our group.....I know that this is the right thing to do. I am going to share the scripture for today with you. There are 2 of them....I thought they really hit home with me and I am sure that if you are like me, it will hit home for you too.
Mark 4:22-23 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
Psalm 32:1 (GOD’S WORD Translation)
and whose sin is pardoned.
Thank God we are forgiven and that all of this secret stuff we hold inside will be brought to light. We can't deal with our secrets or our hiding unless God brings it to light.....and we have to want that too!
My prayer and focus is not to focus on the upcoming date that I can weigh! Like I said before....if I can lose 1 pound per week...that would be great and anything more than that is just icing on the cake as my mom says....and I thought it was funny for her to say icing on the cake since we can't have any of that stuff anyway....very funny stuff....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home