Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, April 2, 2007

Monday.....

Here we are in April already! The past 2 weeks have been total chaos. My Grandpa passed away last Tuesday. He will be missed so very much. I was able to spend some time with him at the hospital and my most treasured night with grandpa was last Monday night....he was having a really hard time resting and was not able to hold still. The nurse gave him some morphine and it was just enough to help him relax a little. My mom and dad were there. Gail and Becky were there. They left the room for a while and dad left to get us some coffee. I was alone with grandpa....I held his hand and rubbed his arm and sing Amazing Grace to him. He looked at me but not really. I think he heard me. That was the most precious time and I wouldn't take anything for it. Keith was so wonderful in staying with the children while I ran to the hospital that night and didn't get home until almost 3am. My dad insisted on riding with me to the gate since it was unattended and I put in a $20 and got $17 in quarters..it was like a slot machine...that was a lot of quarters. Then dad went back to the room with mom and grandpa. The next day was Tuesday and I was really torn about going in to work...I wanted to be at the hospital but grandpa knew what he was doing....he waited until his family went to eat a bite of lunch and then he was gone. I know that today, he is in heaven and he is getting to hear the angels sing all those beautiful hymns! I will miss him so much and I know that everyone will miss him too!
Well, I am going to get for now. I hope I can get back on here before another month goes by. I do want to say thanks to Pam for the funny blog on my birthday....the picture you chose is something else. I am sure I was ill with David because that is just what I did or who knows why...we all looked pretty ill in that one! It made me laugh!! I have enjoyed reading your blog when I do get on the computer at home. I has been so long since I have been on the computer at home that I had a mountain of e-mails to read. Everyone take care....more to come later.....over and out!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home