A Wig it Is
Well, today was a great day.
I got the most wonderful phone call ever!! Dr. Thomas called this morning and said that the bone marrow test looked great and that I would be able to stay home until a couple of days after Christmas! He said that there were not even enough abnormal cells to do a test they call a "flow test". I will be going in on Wednesday morning at 1045am for some simple blood work, mainly to check on my kidney function. He is still quite concerned about that and wants to keep a close eye on that. He wants me to spend time at home and rest as much as possible and get ready for my next round of chemo. I think this will be plenty of time to rest before the next round!!!
Praise The Lord!!!! Prayers have been answered!!!!!
Now the fun part. I met my mom and dad at Chic Wigs and we went in and I tried on wig after wig. The lady behind the counter asked to see my drivers license and I gave them to her....she found just the one that was closest to the length and color of the hair style in the picture!! I thought it was great!!!! I can now go to church and other nice places and feel like a lady!! I know you don't need hair to be a lady or a woman but it sure does help out quite a bit. The kids just got home and it took a minute for them to adjust but they like it. Keith hasn't seen it yet and I told him that if he didn't like it, not to tell me.....ha ha ha!!!
Well, I now have a little yarn to play with and keep my hands busy. I will keep the wig on until after Keith gets home and then it is back to the skull caps.
I don't care about wearing the wig around the house but it sure is nice to be able to put one on if I want to go out.
I better get for now. We have another dinner coming to the house at 6pm. Later on, I will be taking one of the kids to the store with me to get some ingredients to make some really good chicken veggie soup. My SIL Pam will be coming over in the morning to help me out with the soup...maybe some other stuff...who knows! Love to all, Sharan

4 Comments:
bless your heart!! I'm SO happy about your news.. I didn't want to bother you since you have been home, but know that I'm here and right across the street if you need anything!! We love you! I'm SO glad that you got positive news, helps me out knowing that some prayers do get answered!! Please keep my mom in yours as she is not good at all. Love you!!!!! Susan
Praise the Lord!!! What wonderful news! Lacy Cockerham
I am so glad that you will be able to spend the Christmas Season at home with family. Do ry and get plenty of rest. If your season is like most others, it is usually busy and hard to find the time to rest. Well, I hope you enjoy your time with Pam today and I love you!
Your favorite brother,
David
Sharan,
GREAT NEWS,
I'am so happy that you are home for Christmas.Enjoy the time with your family.Hope to see ya soon.
We love you,
Mark & Donna
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home