Days of Our Lives.....

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Counting The Days

Today was really nice as my cousins Pam Hurley and Mike Spach (brother and sister) came and spent the day with me. We talked just about everything and caught up up on things. It has been too long since I had seen either of them so it was a nice day to visit. This was the first day I have felt really sort of like myself. My counts are up even more today and we are still on for the bone marrow test on Tuesday morning (if my numbers are a 5 on the white count). Today my white count is a 2.9 and we are hoping to get to a 5 by Tuesday!!! The counts just seem to junp on up once they get going and my body starts producing the blood and marrow on its own. I guess we will see what the results are as to how long I will get to stay home. I would love to be able to be home for Christmas. I guess we can all pray that the white count will be a 5 on Tuesday!!

Mom and Dad are here now, they brought me a small fry and a chocolate shake from McDonalds.....I really want things to taste the way they are supposed to but they still don't....the chocolate shake was good but the rest of it is in the freezer across the hall.

I think Becky will come by later on this evening. Keith will come later after he gets the children fed and settled in...I know he probably gets tired of coming over here each day and each evening but I sure feel better when he is here with me...he makes me laugh quite a bit and that feels good. He is a good leg scratcher and back scratcher. Mom is really good at rubbing my feet and putting lots of lotion of them. That is so relaxing and I really appreciate it so much!!! Mom has been so great to stay with me all day on the days that Keith works.....thanks mom so much...words cannot even express how much I appreciate you and all you have done for me....Dad....I know that you would bring me anything I asked for (within reason). I know that I could call him and ask for a Frosty or milkshake and he would bring it.

Becky, thanks for bringing me the frosty and the other night for the Frappucino!! That was really good and felt so good on my gums and mouth. The shirt and socks are great. I have already broke in the shirt and a couple pairs of socks! Thanks so much!!

I better get and visit with mom and dad and Keith just walked in....Love you all...Sharan

3 Comments:

Blogger David Spach said...

I am so proud of how you have faced this storm. I know it isn't over yet, but with Jesus on board you know you are safe from it. It seems He has already spoken "Peace be still" and the storm is less than it was. It is very good to know that you have the Lord with you in this trial. I wish I could be there more. I am glad that we have a family that is there for each other.

November 19, 2007 at 7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are still praying for you Sharan! I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and we will pray that you get to stay home through Christmas. God is SO good and He does answer our prayers!

Nicki SHadburn

November 19, 2007 at 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sharan..it was AWESOME being able to visit with you and Keith yesterday! It was just so great to catch up and see how the Lord is working in and through this AML and all the ways it has impacted your lives! You know we will all be praying specifically tomorrow that your white count is up to 5 so you can have the bone marrow done, that as you have the bone marrow.... you will experience minimimal discomfort and that the results come quickly and the news that perhaps you can stay home over all holiday season before returning for next round! Of course, we know that regardless of the results.. the Lord will continue to work miracles in your life! love you guys so much!! Pam and Greg

November 19, 2007 at 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home