My New Years Resolution
Here it is:
This year and the years to come, my resolution is to wake up each day and be thankful for where I am, what I have, and know that God is in charge of each and every day. I am not saying this will be easy. I think it is easier to loose weight or set other goals but to really let God have each day as you open your eyes in the morning to start your day...to lay in the bed and give it all to Him....that is a major task for me.
I have learned so much about God and myself in this illness I have or had. He has taken me through and continues to take me through this journey or should I say adventure. I have learned that I am not in control of my life and I cannot do it all on my own. God is in charge and I know this and have seen Him at work in all of this....so there you have it. I figure if I wake up each day and give Him the day...all the other small stuff will fall into place.
Thanks for all your prayers and keep them going. There is power in prayer...I have seen this first hand!! In His Grip, Sharan

3 Comments:
Sharan, thank you for sharing your heart. I am reminded that God is more interested in our CHRISTian character than our happiness. We love you and continue to pray.
Uncle Larry
That is an EXCELLENT resolution!
Good resolution indeed - as a child - my mom woke us up with the verse from Isaiah 60:1 "Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you." I still (and I'll be 60 in a little over a month) hear that verse in my foggy brain most mornings when I awaken. Being grateful takes a little more effort until it becomes a habit. Not saying I'm never grouchy - I simply try to remind myself that whatever my circumstances - they are NOT my destination. Bless you sweet woman -
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home