Update on Our Friends Michael and Nicole Glazier
This couple has been an inspiration to me since day one of this diagnosis...Leukemia! I will never forget that first couple of days here in the hospital...scared to death, literally...and there he was....this man literally walking around the "block" as we call it here so fast that your head would spin. I told Keith that I just had to catch up with him and find out what in the world he had and how he was able to get around so fast in the halls.....well, one day we were walking and caught up with Michael and his wife Nicole. We stood there and talked for quite a while and found out that they were from Oregon and had two small children. We found out that we both had Leukemia and his was different than mine as his white count was very high and mine was very low. There were times when we didn't think we would make it as this induction chemo makes you very very sick and Michael had a very hard time with rashes and breathing...he was on oxygen for a while and gave us a big scare but he pulled though and was okay.
All this happened in October of 2007 and we have been close ever since...we were usually in the hospital at the same times and then we got on the schedule that he would be in for fevers and I would be in for a round of chemo or the other way around. Earlier this month, Michael was in for his last round and looked great....things have been going good for them as they let God guide them in the direction He wants them to go. We always keep up with each other on email and I had to share this email with you all because it meant a lot to me. How inspiring they are to me and I know this will be for you as well! Here is the email from Nicole and Michale Glazier:
Last round, Praise the Lord. Michael is doing great now. He had low red blood count over the weekend but had a transfusion on Monday so he is feeling good now. We are just waiting for all his counts to return to normal and then they will do the bone marrow biopsy. We are believing he will be done with all of this and God will direct us where and to do what he wants us to do now. Waiting on the Lord can be a challenge but so rewarding. The scripture that I have been meditating on lately is Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. I feel like I do trust the Lord with everything but sometimes I don't understand everything and I try to lean on my own understanding that is where I go wrong. The Lord is faithful to bring things to my attention. He is shaping and molding us into the people he wants us to be. What a mighty God! We will get up there sometime this week and see you. You are in our prayers. Nicole

1 Comments:
You are doing great girl! I am so thankful God has seen fit to answer our prayers! I know you are sooooo glad this is your last treatment. We are trusting that this will give you complete recovery! I love You! Jane
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home