Claim it...Believe that it is already done for you...
Before I begin, I forgot to post my weight loss/gain for the week. Unfortunately, I gained .06 due to being a woman and hormones...and that's all I can say about that! Here we go....
No matter what your dietary need is today, you can claim the answer to that need. Do you still have trouble resisting certain foods? Whatever your problem, God can and will solve it for you and release you. Stand on His Word, by faith, and hold tight until the answer is given. God is faithful to his word!
Matthew 21:22 (The Message)
21-22But Jesus was matter-of-fact: "Yes—and if you embrace this kingdom life and don't doubt God, you'll not only do minor feats like I did to the fig tree, but also triumph over huge obstacles. This mountain, for instance, you'll tell, 'Go jump in the lake,' and it will jump. Absolutely everything, ranging from small to large, as you make it a part of your believing prayer, gets included as you lay hold of God."
Can you tell that I like “The Message” for looking up scripture? It really is easy to understand, that’s for sure. This scripture reminds me that when I am in doubt, I have already set myself up for failure. As a Christian, I need to claim this healthy lifestyle and claim that I AM healthy and will not have a problem with food or with those certain foods that are just too tempting for me to be around! If I tell myself “I am healthy and I don’t have a problem with food because God has released me from this bondage to food”. I am claiming that it has already happened. I was watching a church on television a couple of years ago and I remember that they were praying for rain….the preacher passed out umbrellas and said that there was power in prayer and that they needed to believe that as they prayed for rain that the Lord has already put that into motion so the umbrellas were a symbol of their faith that they already knew that God would send the rain as they needed it so much. I never knew later if it rained or not but when I read the scripture above, it made me remember that clip I saw on television! It is amazing to me that when you hear something or read something…it can bring up a memory. I know that there are certain things that bring back memories that are not that fun to remember…but we all have those.
The mirror thing has really been sort of hard but the more you do it, the more easy it will be. I am sharing this because it is so important to me. I stood in front of the mirror after my shower last night…mind you, I had a towel around me….I started at the tip of my head and went on down…I thanked God for my hair….because I know what it’s like to have none. I thanked God for my eyes and that I can see…even though I have glasses sometimes….I can see the beauty He has created around me. Then I stood there and gave myself a good look and there it was….that crater and scar above my breast on the right side….I stared at it for a while and remembered how upset I used to be that I had to see that all the time and it was hard to cover up in the summer…but then I realized that it was there for a reason…was I supposed to thank God for this scar? It is ugly, that’s for sure….but then I thought about it for a while and I had one of those feelings like there was someone watching me….telling me something….then it hit me! God works in the strangest ways. I knew exactly what He was showing me in the mirror…I thanked God for the scar…but then went further to thank Him for the veins that He created in my body that were so strong that they could handle all the chemo and other drugs that had to go through my port before I had to have it removed due to an infection…the scar is a daily reminder of where I had been and an even bigger reminder of how He carried me through it all. If He carried me through such a scary time in my life then He can carry me through ANYTHING!! He has really been working in my life here lately and things have been rather interesting. I am so thankful that I am here to share my heart! By the way, I didn’t go any further in the mirror…that was enough for today!
I sure do have a peace about my labs this morning….whatever these counts are….I will be fine! I am not really stressed about this at all. I am really more focused on the other stuff like this fibro pain that I hope decides to take a hike here soon. I have not had a flare up like this since I was diagnosed with it…but it will pass.
I better get. I pray that you all have a blessed day! I am so glad its Friday….and that’s because I get to sleep in!
In His Grip
Sharan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home