My Witness
God hasn’t called us to a diet of locusts (Eewww! Yuck!) , but He does expect us to keep our bodies in good shape. Your appearance isn’t only your problem, it is God’s. He wants to shape us up. Be thankful that He understands us and that He wants us to take care of our bodies in order to reflect our inward lives of obedience.
Mark 1:6 (The Message)
4-6John the Baptizer appeared in the wild, preaching a baptism of life-change that leads to forgiveness of sins. People thronged to him from Judea and Jerusalem and, as they confessed their sins, were baptized by him in the Jordan River into a changed life. John wore a camel-hair habit, tied at the waist with a leather belt. He ate locusts and wild field honey.
This is a short one…but my thoughts are that if we have an appearance on the outside that looks like we have let ourselves go…well…what does that say about us and about God? I know that I have to take things more seriously when it comes to my appearance and apply this to my witness!!! In the past, I remember hearing preachers talking about the things we do and how it will help or hurt our witness. I sure don’t want to be a stumbling block to others that don’t know Him…and I can assure you that I have been…the way I carry myself and talk….that can be a powerful witness. If I am coming across in a negative way….that hurts my witness and can give the other person the wrong ideas about me as a person…they may question why should they believe in this God if I act no different than the next person. That is all I have for now.
Again, thanks for all the prayers!! Have a wonderful day!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home