Days of Our Lives.....

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Chicken Soup For The Soul

Today was really nice. Pam, my SIL came over with a chicken bone...of course she brought Phoebe and Joshua as well. They made Christmas wreaths and kept busy....I brought up all of Jennifer's stuffed animals and a couple of Ryan's cars for them to play with...the the fun began. Pam went to work her magic in my kitchen with the chicken bone and a rather large pot on the stove....the end result was a very tasty and yummy pot of chicken soup. Pam is very talented when it comes to stuff like that. She sure did make a great pot of soup. We all sat around thet able and ate the soup and the kids had some PB&J with a little taste of soup....it was so nice to be able to sit and visit with Pam. We don't see each other very often so it is always a treat to see her.

Needless to say I didn't get one thing accomplished today as I thought I would have. I had all this energy this morning after I got over being woozy....that is still happening and not sure why....guess it will take some time to get all these weird things to go away...then it will be time to turn around and do it again. YUCK!!! But at least I will be stronger the next time around. Back to what I was saying about not getting anything done..... As soon as Pam and the kids left, I sat on the couch and turned on HGTV..then I layed over to one side....the next thing I know it is 4pm and the kids are coming home from school!!!!! YIKES!!!! Nothing got done. But the one thing that was done and very good was the chicken soup!!! There is nothing like chicken soup in the cold weather months.

I do have to go to the doctor in the morning and get some blood work done and they want to see how my kidneys are doing. When I left the hospital, the counts for my kidneys were slowly coming back down to normal....we will see what they are in the morning and I will get to chat with the doctor about the next round of chemo. He wants to go over the do's and don'ts for the next few weeks. Work is out of the question.....oh well, I tried. That was the first question I asked when I spoke with him on the phone. He said absolutely not!! Rest, rest and more rest and relax. Stress free....I told him that making no money is an automatic stress! He said that my health and the way I take this next round of chemo was very important and that took priority over "working". Oh well..can't say I didn't try. For those of you who really know me...know that I love to work and this is going to be really hard for me but I will manage. Right now, spending time with my family is the first priority and making sure I rest!! I am very tired right now, so I will be getting off here for now.

Oh, I have to add this in here:

Donna: I got your card today and the little cap! I love it!!!!! It is so soft and light. Perfect for indoors. I am honored that you would let me use this cap. Your mother must have loved these little caps!!!! Thanks so very much for sending this. I can't wait to see you and Mark very soon! Take care. I love you both!!!

Hugs and Kisses to you all.
Sharan

2 Comments:

Blogger LindaSue said...

You have a terrific SIL for sure - and her kitchen talents are becoming widely known! Your health is a primary consideration -sounds as if your doctor has correct priorities. Continuing to rejoice in your improvement - good seeing more postings from you showing that your strength is returning!

November 28, 2007 at 3:03 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

I had a great time with you yesterday, and it was a joy to be able to DO something to help you. I am not at all surprised that you conked out after we left--my kids probably provided more excitement in the time we were there than you had seen in a month! Phoebe and Joshua have continued to enjoy the toys you sent home with us, and they ate every last bit of the leftover PB&J (too much going on at your place to eat!). We'll be sure to come wear you out again some time soon.

November 28, 2007 at 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home