My Blood Work
When I hear the term blood work, I think of Grandpa Allgood. I can remember each week or two getting the report from mom on his "numbers". I never thought I would be hearing those same terms and it be for me. I guess you never think that anything like this could ever happen to you. As my older daughter, Hannah said over a month ago when we found out the diagnosis...."you hear about other people getting this, you don't actually live it"....those are words I will never forget her saying in the car as we had picked her up from volleyball practice! Now things are looking more positive with the bone marrow test coming back looking great.
Now we have to get blood work done each week to mainly keep an eye on my kidney function. The numbers are hard to explain but you don't want them to be high!! My numbers were pretty high in the hospital 3.8 I think....now they are 1.6. The RN called me yesterday evening with the results of the blood work and said that the white count, platelets and hemoglobin (sp?) were great and in the range they should be. I was very happy about that....now we just have to get those kidneys where they need to be. I am confident that things will get where they need to be in God's timing...I just have to remember that His timing is sure not mine. That is hard to remember some days.
I better get for now. I am working on seasonal clothes and getting them switched out. I have a pile of clothes on my bed that need to be put in a box and stored until next spring/summer. It was nice going through my sweaters and pull overs that are so nice and warm. I am so cold natured.....it is ridiculous.
Love you all, Sharan

3 Comments:
Good to hear - those "numbers" are so important. So much fun to hear that you are getting to change out seasonal clothes. Regular life is such a gift and some people never get to learn that - wasn't there a line in Our Town about how wonderful all the simple details in life are? Bless you as you recover your strength.
Glad Pam got a chance to come over and visit. Next time it will be without the kids, or at least reinforcements to help keep them calm. I am also glad to keep hearing the good news. I look forward to the Christmas season and am glad that you can spend it with family in the comfort of your home, and if possible ours as well.
Love ya,
David
I'm so happy to hear that the numbers are good. Wish I could come and see you but the baby HATES the car and screams the entire time he's in it. Makes for a stressful trip to the store!!! Reading through your posts, I couldn't help but laugh when you were talking about wigs. I had a vision of you in one of those Dolly Parton wigs that they advertise in the coupon section of the paper!!! That would be awesome....then you could do some karaoke(I Will Always Love You)like you did at that club YEARS ago!!!! Love you friend!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home