Days of Our Lives.....

Monday, January 7, 2008

Blood Count Update

I went to the Cancer Center early this morning (yes, I drove myself...yippeee) and had my blood work done. I decided not to wait there for the results and went to Walmart quickly to get some yarn (2 things of it)....I am working on a throw. I saw my friend at the cancer center (Michael) who has been in and out of the hospital as well and waiting on Duke for a bed so her can have a bone marrow transplant....keep praying for him and his family. He looked great!!! We got to chat for a few minutes as he was waiting on his results...he should be having a bone marrow test this week to see how the last round of chemo went and they are considering doing one more round....let's hope this one gets the job done. He has been such an inspiration to me. He always tells me that he just knows that the Lord is using this illness for His glory. I told him that I was one of the reasons...he makes me think about stuff and really appreciate where I am, hence my New Years resolution!!!

Okay, so you want to know what my numbers are......drum roll please......white count is down to 1.0 and the hemoglobin and platelets were way below normal. I will probably be getting blood and or platelets on my next dr visit (this Thursday). And the bummer is I am neutropenic (I hope I spelled that right). This means I have to wear a mask if I go out....yucky...this means that I will not be going out unless it is for a quick in and out situation. I am not too fond of the mask but that's okay...I am sure my numbers will jump right back up. I am praying that this is as low as they are going and are already on the way back up.

I am going to go take a short nap and try and crochet some more. Hope ya'll have a blessed day!
Sharan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home